Chapter 22

*Janice Pov*

We both got up hearing the nice and melodious alarm clock which I bought with a smile. Even though all this is good I miss that hideous clock. I miss scolding it.

I walked towards my cupboard to take out a dress when I heard him clearing his throat. I glanced back and raised my eyebrows in question brushing my teeth.

"Do you know we woke up at 7?" He asked and suddenly the toothbrush slipped outside my mouth making him laugh.

"You will not leave me alone right?" I asked him in breaking words, and he shook his head getting up.

"I am a shtubun girl." I replied.

"What?" He asked, frowning.

I gestured at him to wait for a second walking inside the washroom and after cleaning my teeth I walked outside saying, "I am a stubborn girl."

"Not more than me." He said shrugging and walked inside the washroom.

We took our turns to have a bath and then got ready for the day. He still prompted for every second saying he has seven buttons on his shirt, but he was lying.

When we walked downstairs, we saw his parents already at the table just waiting for us. We both sat down, and I served us.

"Mom! What daily soap do you watch at 7pm?" He suddenly asked making me cough.

He too coughed but for covering up his chuckle. I hit his leg with mine and continued to have my breakfast.

"At 7pm I watch that famous one, but it is not that good. Do you remember when you used to come home from intermediate college everyday at 7, you just whine, saying how can I even watch those shows?" Aunty said, and I stopped myself from screaming at her to stop saying that number.

"Even I remember that. I too used to come home at 7pm itself when we are fine with the business and hear him saying those things are stupid." Uncle said, and Adithya laughed while I groaned.

They both thought he was laughing as he got the memory, but I know him better. Save me, God! I thought looking down.

"Janice!" He called after me, but I shook my head walking towards the gate.

"Come on! That was funny." He said, moving beside me with the bike.

"No! It was not." I said, folding my arms.

"Really? Was it not funny?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Ok! It was funny." I replied chuckling.

"See? I told you. Now come on otherwise, we will get late and miss the coffee." He said and made me sit behind his bike.

"You don't have any problem with the bike right?" he suddenly asked after a few minutes.

"Should I have a problem?" I asked him back frowning.

"No! Don't you wish that there is some car or something?" He asked when he stopped in front of the café.

"And increase the already increased pollution? No thank you. I am completely fine with this Bike. I scolded Bhai, when he bought a car, but now he needs it as he has a daughter and he also sometimes has to travel long distance suddenly at any time of the day." I replied, and he nodded listening to it.

"So in those cases it is ok, but when we don't have that many important things to be done with the help of the car only then I don't like it. Why did you ask?" I added.

"Just wanted to know what do you think." He replied, looking outside and I nodded.

"I will pay for today." He said taking out his wallet.