Thirty-Five || Multiple Attempts

Narrator's POV

"Anakin, I'm incredibly sorry this happened. I cannot imagine what you and Senator Amidala must be endearing at the moment," comforts Obi-Wan through his comlink to Anakin, who was jumping through hyperspace to return to Coruscant.

Obi-Wan had never really been too good at comforting. He was assuring, but comforting wasn't his speciality.

Anakin sighs. "I didn't think you would be able to, Master," he heaves under his breath, swerving the fighter into the Coruscanti atmosphere.

He had been calling Obi-Wan 'Master' for quite a while, even after he had been granted Master himself. Something about calling his former Master by the way he had been so used to addressing him was... comforting. Assuring, almost. It gave him a sense of purity that things might just be able to go back to how they were... someday.

"And, Anakin," starts Obi-Wan, sounding confused, "How do you assume you will be getting your daughter back? You know how confrontations with Demetrious go, it isn't... safe. Not necessarily, anyways."

Anakin jolts the fighter down into the Coruscanti traffic, heading quickly for the Temple. He ignores the multiple honks from Coruscant residents in the air with him and continues whirring past them, determined to reach the Temple immediately.

"I can't risk the Order knowing of them," Anakin breathes, "And my biggest fear is that Demetrious will be the one to expose them. Now that she has Leia, of course..." he says with another breath, sounding frustrated.

"I can imagine she would want to display her new apprentice to the galaxy," states Obi-Wan through the communicator, clearly not helping.

Anakin groans, "Ugh, Master, don't say it like that. I'll get her back, I know I will."

"Don't be so bold, Anakin," scolds Obi-Wan with a chuckle, "But I do believe you'll get her back... with time."

Anakin furrows his brows as he swerves lanes, receiving a honk or two from angry passerby's. "She's in the hands of Demetrious, who I don't trust one bit. She's my daughter, Master, I know I'm going to get her back. I have to."

Obi-Wan is silent for a moment. "I have faith in you, Anakin," he says at last. "Are you nearing the Temple?"

Anakin swerves past a speeder with an ugly-looking creature in it, who makes a fist at Anakin - he shakes it at him as he zooms by, making sure to slam the horn as well.

Anakin smirks at his reluctance to Coruscanti traffic rules and continues flying through the day at a steady pace. "Almost," he chuckles, remembering the look on the old creature's face as he cut him off from the lane.

Obi-Wan, being as serious and punctual as he was, simply breaks into a small smile. "I should expect to see you soon then, Anakin."

Anakin nods. "Will do. See you soon, Master." He disconnects from the comlink and grips the handles firmly, sliding over another lane and chuckling to himself at the reactions of the angry residents flying alongside him.

Then he remembered Leia, and his spirits dropped.

He couldn't think of who to imagine Leia being with; the sweet, bubbly Kyla, or the wicked, twisted Demetrious?

After all, if she were to be her apprentice, Demetrious would have to treat her right...

But she was so young.

He sighs to push the thoughts away and continues flying quickly through Coruscant, angering other speeders and fighters as he might. It was entertaining to him as he tried to imagine himself and Obi-Wan in the speeder, tracking the bounty hunter so many years ago. Was it really... nine years ago?