5. In Denial

My wolf howled and my heart swelled as sparks ran through my entire body. The word Mate, ran through my mind, over and over again. I looked down to see who my knight in shining armor only this knight was more of gorgeous princess and her shinning armor wasn't shinning or even made of armor. My heart stopped and the air caught in my throat, my mate -the one who I was supposed to spend my life with- was a girl?! This wasn't right, the goddess made some kind of mistake! This couldn't be true!

She slowly got off the ground, her eyes staring at me intensely "S- sorry..." She stuttered, it was cute, innocent.

I cleared my thoughts, they were wrong, I should NOT be thinking about girl that way. I had to act like I didn't care, I had to shove her away, I had to make her hate me. Since she was human the bond won't affect her like it does me and we will both be able to move on with our lives.

I scoffed flipping some of my hair behind me, "Watch where you're going next time, loser!" I snapped, trying extremely hard not to check her out.

Her intense gaze suddenly turned cold and she started to glare at me, "Who are you calling loser, you bottle blonde!" My wolf whimpered at the insult, it wasn't very hurtful but she was my ma- no she isn't, she's just some unimportant girl.

"As if! Tay is a natural born blonde! Unlike you, you tye dye freak!" My best friend, Piper, snapped, forcing me to choke down a growl.

"You're lucky you got your looks because you won't go far with a voice like that!" The girl snapped, copying Piper's stance. I bit my lip, keeping back a laugh.

"She bothering you guys?" Chris asked, as the basketball team made their was over to us.

"Totally, that bitch tried to shove Taylor and started trash talking us! Maybe you should knock her off her high horse." Piper hissed, popping her gum every now and then. I had to restrain myself from tearing all of them to shreds.

The boys started to close in on her, ready to bruise her pretty face, "Wait Chris!" I snapped, before I could think, forcing my friends to stare at me like I was insane. I felt myself light up pink, I cleared the lump in my throat, "She's not worth it, she's just a fag." I snapped, walking past her, connecting our shoulders, little sparks shot down my arm, feeling me up with warm.

Why in the hell did I say that?! I didn't even know if she was into females or males, so why did I declare her sexual orientation with a single word?! I've never even used that word in my entire life but here I was, letting it easily slide off my tounge like it was my own name. My stomach twisted in knots and my wolf started growling at me, she was pissed. I just rejected her mate without the girl really even knowing.

I did my best to ignore her and the sick feeling in my gut as we left to our class. The day was way to long and I couldn't get her off my mind, her sweet yet sassy voice stuck on repeat in my head. Soon enough lunch was over, I didn't even eat anything, I couldn't, not with the way my stomach tangled it's self in nasty knots. I lied to my friends as they continually asked me what was wrong. They didn't buy it for one second but dropped it, they didn't want me to tear them a new one.

I made my way to my Science class, I hated it. It was always boring and the teacher -Ms. Applemen- was overly pill popping happy. When I entered, a sugary sweet smell, like cinnamon sweet rolls in the oven, filled my senses. My once depressed, yet pissed off wolf filled with joy and a smile carved it's way onto my face. That was till I noticed her standing in the front of the classroom, ignoring the teacher as she watched the clock.

The bell rang as Ms. Applemen placed her hands on her shoulders filling me with anger. She needed to remove her hands before I got violent. I mean, I don't care, it's not important who touches this girl, "Class we have a new student, Arielle Moiré. She moved here from New York City, very exciting!" Arielle. Her name was so pretty, and it fitted her perfectly. A perfect name for the perfect girl.

"Why don't you go sit next to Taylor?" My eyes grew as Ms. Applemen pointed at the currently empty seat next to me.

"Ms. Applemen, Ryan sit's here! So Ariella can't possibly sit here!" I cried, screwing up her name on purpose, she could sit anywhere but here, that was just a horrible idea. Arielle just glared at me, probably still mad at me from earlier, but who could blame her? I was acting like a total bitch.

Ms. Applemen let out one of her insane asylum laughs, "Taylor, you wanted to switch lab partner's for a long time, now I'm giving you the opportunity, take it." My face dropped while I could practically feel my wolf smirk at me.

She walked over to me, occupying the empty seat by my side. She started to side glance at me, "Arielle." She whispered, her voice pulling on my heart strings.

"What?" I asked, what was this girl getting at?

She just rolled her baby blue eyes at me, "My name isn't Ariella, it's Arielle, Ariel more specifically." She sassed, not even giving me a second glance or looking at me at all for that matter.

It was the most agonizingly, most painful, class that I've ever been forced to sit in. I kept glancing at Ariel, I wanted to apologize for earlier but the words wouldn't come out. I could tell she was trying to ignore me which pissed me off but I shouldn't blame her for my stupid mistakes.

By the time the bell rang, Ariel was the first one out of the classroom. I hurry and followed her, I didn't want to but then again, I really wanted too...

A boy I've never seen before was also trying to catch up to her, the only difference was, he calling out for her, "Ariel wait up!" He shoved anyone who was in his way before he caught up to her.

They talked about going out to eat at the local diner in town. Anger and jealousy boiled in my stomach and I just wanted to rip his head from his body as they walked off together.

Piper found me, just standing there in the middle of the hallway, "Um, Tay, you feeling okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just fine. Hey, let's go to the diner, like right now." I demanded not giving her enough time for any input, pulling her down the hallway, and to my convertible audi.

I got in starting the engine before glaring at her, "Are you just going to stand there or get in?" I snapped.

"Um, yeah..." She made her way around, slowly getting in, pushing my patient's.  "Tay, seriously, are you feeling okay? I've never seen you act like this.."

I turned facing her, giving her a light smile, "I'm fine, I promise. I'm just a little on edge with the alpha thing and the warning the neighboring pack gave us about those hunters."

"You'll be a great alpha, don't worry! Also with those hunters will just pass through, as long as we don't shift for a while."

We smiled at each other before I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the diner. I may have rejected Ariel but it doesn't mean I can't make sure she is safe... at all times...

We pulled in and I already caught her scent, forcing my wolf to be alert. She wouldn't talk to me ever since the rejection but whenever she could sense her mate she was always ready to take control if she had to. It was annoying but I guess I couldn't really blame her.

We seated ourselves, I chose a booth diagonal to their's, I kept watch with my peripheral vision. I casual talked with Piper so she wouldn't notice who my attention really was on. Time flew by and some guy started to flirt with her forcing me to choke back a growl. My heart felt like it was going to explode as we made eye contact, but it was over way to soon as she turned away. Then soon after the really old lady that lived in the mansion about a mile out of town stormed in, her sights set on Ariel. The had a fight before she was pulled out and I had to do everything in my control to keep calm.

"What. A. Freak!" Piper stated in a sing song voice before taking a drink of her water. When she noticed me she gave me a weird look, "Whoa, Taylor what's going on with you?"

I took a few deep breaths before I got control back, "Just been a while since I've shifted." I lied through my teeth. I looked down, seeing my claws puncturing holes in the booth.

What is this girl doing to me?