Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys

~ ~ Chapter Forty Four ~ ~

Hiding in the bushes just on the outskirts of the fight and smirking to myself, feeling extremely smug because I knew he would follow me and he did. I was staying out of view and scanning every wolf’s face, mostly just the feral ones – looking for any kind of scars over their left eye.

Saxon stepped up beside me, his giant wolf body looming over me, making it obvious I am hiding here. Frowning I spun my head around and nipped at his front paw, growling lowly. His leg twitched from the brief pain and he gave me a warning growl – which I naturally ignored.

I heard him shift back to human form beside me and I knew another lecture was coming – if I didn’t want to risk any perverts seeing me naked, then I would have shifted too so we could talk but I'm not taking that risk.

“What on earth do you think you are doing?” he hissed angrily and I quickly titled my head up and latched onto his hand softly as I pulled him down towards the ground – well he willingly let me pull him down as I growled at him, wanting to shout ‘hide you fool!’

Saxon crouched down in the bushes alongside me and I let his hand go to turn back towards the fight and try to find the wolf I was looking for.

“Eva, I'm not asking you to go home, I'm telling,” he growled angrily and I scoffed loudly, needing no other sound to voice what I thought of that stupid comment. He can’t tell me what to do and he knows it.

He groaned loudly and from the corner of my eye, I watched him run his hand through his hair aggressively and I rolled my eyes – so melodramatic this boy is, he can see that I'm perfectly fine, a few scratches and nips here and there but I can already feel them healing.

“Fine,” he snapped suddenly and pushed me down sideways, a surprised bark escaped my mouth as my side hit the ground but I was quick at recovering from this and bolted back up to a sit position and head butt his torso as he leaned over me.

Saxon groaned and grabbed his stomach while I started looking once again for this darn wolf – only to be pushed back down sideways again. Growling at him as he flung his body over mine, I knew what the jerk was attempting to do and growled threateningly at him now – he was trying to dominate me again!

He was now laying on top of me and I don't think it was working as he held me pinned to the ground because all I felt was complete and utter anger but a game plan popped into my head and I went with it, quickly glancing around the best I can before I shifted and started crying, “You’re hurting..,” I sniffed, “Me Saxon.”

Immediately his body was off of mine and his large hands took hold of my face gently as he stared at me, moving one hand away to wrap around my back as he lifted me closer to him, turning to shield my naked body away from any perving eyes.

“I'm so sorry Eva, I didn’t mean....crap, sorry babe,” he rushed out, trying to sound soothing but he was mostly panicking and a tinge of guilt coursed through me but I shoved it away.

I looked up at his face, wiping the few stray tears and grinned, “Sucker. I just wanted you off me.”

To say Saxon’s face looked priceless would be an understatement, I have never seen this boy look so shocked in all the time I have known him. I actually had to bite my bottom lip to try and hold back my laughter but then it started to backfire on me as his eyes changed to that shade of black right before me and I gulped loudly – I don't think I have ever been the cause of him getting so angry before and I would be lying if I say I wasn’t worried right now.