I : Good Old Memories

".......which relates to Henry Moore's statement that to be an artist is to believe in life."

Then I guess I'll never be a real artist my whole life.

I thought to myself as I stroked the tip of my pen to the white ruled paper on my notebook, taking notes of what Mr. Jang just said. The ringing of our school's lunch bell suddenly came to our ears. "All student's favorite kind of music", they said, since it gives them time to devour their meals, hang with friends, or even keep up with the hottest news going around school.

Well it's definitely not my favorite though, since for me it only means that I'll have to survive another lunch break alone without him.

Without him.

Great, I've just succeeded in bringing myself back into my depressed state. Not that I've went out from that state since he left though, not even once.

"I know you guys love my classes too much, but it's too bad that we'll have to end this one here. Don't forget about the assessment I gave you, be well and see you on my next class." Mr. Jang said as his voice became muffled from the noises of the students putting their notebooks away and rising from their seats, leaving for the cafeteria. The image of him stretching in his seat in front of me appeared. Turning his head towards me who sat behind him, he threw a sleepy grin and ask me "What kind of food are you going to share with me today?"

An image which turns out to be only a good, old memory of mine.

I stayed still behind my desk trying to shook off my thoughts while other students are starting to leave, Mr. Jang seemed to notice my behavior and walked into my direction.

No, please don't come and ask me if I'm okay.

"Good afternoon Jinhee, you feeling okay?"

There he goes.

"Good afternoon to you too, Sir. I'm doing fine" sheesh I hate lying, especially to people I respect.

"Well, since you are, I'll be expecting another brilliant work of art from you for our assessment this time. It has been months since your last, please put your heart to it."

"I will try not to disappoint your expectations, Sir." I said hoping that my answer would satisfy him.

"Very well, then. Enjoy your lunch." he said as he left.

I rose from my seat and glanced to my right, unintentionally meeting the gaze of Woo Hyerim, who is about to leave the class with a group of other girls. She gave me a concerned smile, which I replied with an awkward one, while her friends gave weird stares to me. After making sure they have left the room, I made my way to exit the room myself, only to have Jeon Jungkook blocking my way as he was laughing to the view of his buds tackling each other jokingly.

One of his friends named Kim Taehyung saw me behind him and silently notified him by pointing his head towards me. Jungkook gets his message and turned around facing me. "Oh, h-hey Jinhee" he smiled as he finished his words. "Hey.......Jeon Jungkook" I tried replying his smile hoping that it wouldn't be as awkward as the one I sent Hyerim. After some seconds of sour silence he finally said "Um.. we'll leave first, then. See you later Jinhee." and left with three other guys.

Funny, about how everything was all awkward and so different from two months ago. I stared at my black leather wrist watch, its tiny golden hands telling me that it is 12:03.

Exactly two months ago..

It was a typical cold spring afternoon. Friday, March the 20rd to be exact. I stood up and placed my sketchbook inside my bag, I can feel a light tug on my left uniform blazer sleeve. I turned my head to the direction to find a smiling Jeon Jungkook. I blinked twice and waited for him to speak, my heart beating a little faster than usual.

"Jinhee-yah, I've been wondering.." he then paused while rubbing his nape nervously.

"I'm listening." I answered curiously.

"Would you go out with me, you know.. To grab some food and see a movie perhaps?"

Did Jeon Jungkook just asked me out on a date?

My heart thumped like crazy and my cheeks felt warm.

"Sure, I would love to" I tried answering calmly, while inside my mind I'm practically screaming.

"Great, does today at 4pm seems okay?"

"Seems good." I agreed since tomorrow is Saturday and we have much time to do our homeworks on the weekends.

"I'll text you the details later. Until then, Lee Jinhee."

"Until then, Jeon Jungkook."

The heads of his friends can be seen on the other side of the open door as they seem to be eavesdropping Jungkook's attempt in asking a girl out. He then walked to the door and exited our class through it. A loud cheering of boys then can be heard when he appeared before them, celebrating Jungkook's triumph together.

Boys.

I shook my head and chuckled lightly. I almost forgot that in front of me, there sat another boy as noisy.

I noticed that he was sitting backwards on his chair, facing me. On my table, he rested his head on the palm of his hands. His mouth was widely grinning, his eyes becoming smaller from the grin. I was waiting for him to comment about the previous event which he had silently witnessed.

Three

Two

One.

"AIGOOOO, I SHOULD MARK MY CALENDAR. MARCH THE 20th, 12:03 PM. LEE JINHEE GOT ASKED OUT FOR HER FIRST DATE EVER." he teased loud enough for the whole class to hear. Luckily only the both of us were inside the classroom.

"Oh shut up, Park Jimin."

_______________

Author's note:

Hello people! This is my first fanfiction ever so I apologize beforehand if it is still lacking.

Lee Jinhee is an original character, and I leave her visuals up to how you want her to be like (but maybe I'll put small details myself like hair color or such..)

Btw I just realized that Jungkook and Hyerim of Wonder Girls shares the same birth date lol (September 1st).

Please give this work much love and support, would really appreciate comments, votes, and shares! :)

Most importantly, enjoy the story.

- wangkongbean -

*the picture keeps dissapearing smh - wangkongbean from the future*