Chapter 3 - Strangers..Huh!!!

"Reached.. I am at the exit gate of terminal B", I texted him

"I will reach in 5", Manik replied back.

The butterflies in my tummy hadn't stopped dancing since last night; it had become their permanent residence. I rubbed my fingers in anxiety; I did that whenever I was nervous.

He would be here any moment, I thought to myself. I was not dressed for a date or something but looked pretty okay, I assumed, in my blue halter neck top and denims. I had done light make up and left my hair open. I couldn't do better with myself at least at this point given the fact that I just had a sleepless night and a journey to add to it with the sneaking out of the house part too. A slight thought of Mom and Nanu disturbed me. There were 12 missed calls from home that I had skipped. Guilt engulfed me and as I was tracing my phone whether to call back or not I saw Manik arriving and I switched my phone off.

He was tall like really tall and it was easy to spot him from a distance. I had to admit he looked no less than a celebrity with young girls around ogling at him as he made his way to reach me. His hair was perfectly gelled, had his shades on, which definitely made him look more desirable. He was dressed in a black blazer and grey chinos which clung to his perfectly fit body at all the right places. He was leaner and more masculine since the last time I saw him in person that was years back.

"Hi", I stretched my hands towards him for a hand shake when Manik engulfed me in to a hug, squeezing both my hands in between our bodies.

"Hello there.. so u are finally here", he said in charmingly debonair tone, as he left me to stand straight.

We exchanged a few greets, he inquired if I had a comfortable journey and took my bag and we walked out to reach his car. I was a little uncomfortable after having embarrassed myself with the confession thing last night and also the fact that I was with the Manik Malhotra, I had always dreamed of. But he seemed pretty chilled out, in fact happy to see me. On our way Manik informed me that I would be staying with him. I was okay about it given the fact that I was there to be with him. We reached his building which was on a posh area of the city.

Firstly he informed the watch man that I was his guest and would be staying with him so that I didn't face any problem regarding id's and all. I quite liked the fact that he was so welcoming. Then it was the lift man who I had to be introduced to, who could help me as he lived in the 12th floor.

"Did he actually think I was that fragile to not be able to operate a lift?" I thought to myself when I glanced 2 girls of my age or may be a little younger, glaring at us actually me, as if they were watching Exorcist part 2. Before I could figure anything Manik literally pulled me inside the lift.

"Amm.. the pink one, she proposed me on last valentines and the one with specs and cock hair, her mom tried to fix her up with me." he bent down and whispered into my ears before the doors closed.

I almost fell on him laughing when he gave me the details of their proposals. He might not have a funny bone but surely knew how to mimic people. As we reached his flat, I saw a woman in her late 40's most probably his immediate neighbor looking at us.

"Is she the mother of the cock hair?" I whispered with a glee into his blazer, no ways I would have reached his ears. He just smiled as we entered his abode.

"You shouldn't be too much with the neighbors, not good, they are more like strangers? I don't indulge in them much either".

"So are we.. Aren't we like strangers?? We just spoke once last night and here I am", I said trying to make a point as I kept my hand bag on the couch in the living room and turned to look at him.