Understanding

We get to my room and I set my food on the table by my bead, lying down. "So, what's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you. To apologize for my earlier behavior. I shouldn't have gone off on you before when we were in the training room. I didn't mean to hit you I was just-,"

"Angry. I understand. I would be too." I look at him and see the tears in his eyes. I pat the bed next to me and he sits next to me. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't really think it through I guess."

"Why did you leave? Why did you want to hide? To disappear?"

"My family needed me. I had to be there for them. Clint's always been there for me whenever I needed help. I had to help when he needed it."

"What did he need help with?" Pietro asks.

I grimace. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you. It's not mine to tell. Ask Clint if he comes back."

"If?"

"Yeah, I don't know if he'll be coming back. He lived a life before S.H.I.E.L.D. with a family. He knows how to actually live out there. Me? I've always been here. For most of my life I've been at S.H.I.E.L.D. or with Clint. I'm not really sure I could live a normal life like he could."

"You had a normal life before the bombings. Don't you remember?" Pietro asks, confused.

"Of course I remember. I've never really lived like that since. Anyway, I'm sorry about lying to you and Wanda."

"I've gotten over that. I'm sorry about the way I acted. Can we just forget about it?"

"I'm good with that. So, anything interesting happen around here?"

"Other than your traps on the lab, not really. Natasha has been training us less."

"Natasha has been with Bruce most likely. I tracked him down. You should have seen his face when I flew him here."

"What are your powers? You never told us back at Strucker's lab."

"Flying, speed, healing, mental voodoo, telepathy. Those kinds of things. That's probably why I'm training you, Wanda and Sam." Before he replies, my phone goes off. "One sec." I grab my phone and put it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Anna."

"Hey, Clint. What's up?"

"Fury's calling me in. I need to be there in the morning. Think you could come and help out around here until I get back?" Clint asks.

I walk over and look at the planner on my desk, checking for any missions coming up. "Yeah, I'm free. When you want me to come?"

"Tonight if you can."

"No problem. I'll be there. See you then!"

"Thanks, Bye."

I slip my phone into my pocket and turn to Pietro. "Fury's calling Clint in for a mission so I need to go fill in for him. I'll be back soon, hopefully."

Pietro stands up and walks over, wrapping his arms around me. "Be safe. Come back soon and call," he whispers in my ear.

"I will, don't worry." I return the hug before pulling away. He watches as I pack a small bag and sling it over my shoulder. Together we walk down the hall and he leaves to his room when we get to Steve's. I knock and Steve opens it within a few minutes. "Hey, thought I'd let you know, Clint's being called in and I'm gonna go help out, fill in for him, that kind of thing. Have fun at training."

"Be safe!" Steve calls back.

I walk to the roof and see Pietro and Wanda there. "Why are you two up here?" I ask. They jump and turn.

"The view," Wanda says. She walks over and hugs me. "You?"

"Clint's being called in. I need to switch out with him," I tell her.

"Where are you going?"

"Sorry, I can't tell you. You can ask Clint but it's not mine to tell. And if you follow me, I will not hesitate to make you come back." I pull out of the hug and my wings expand. I fly up a few feet and wave. "See you both later!" I fly off through the darkness, coming to Clint's house within a few minutes by using my speed.

I knock at the door and when it opens, Lila stands there in her pajamas. "Aunt Anna!" she cries, running up to me. I pick her up and swing her around, and she laughs.

"Hey, there lily pad. It's late, shouldn't you be in bed?" I ask her, setting her on my waist.

She nods and yawns. "I'm just not tired. Will you tell me a story?"

I smile and close the door behind me. As we go up the stairs, I rock her gently. "You bet. I'd love to read you a story."

As we reach the top of the stairs, Clint comes running out of Lila's room. When he sees me with her, he calms down. "Lila, what have we told you about going to the door alone."

"Not to."

"Then why did you go? There could have been a bad man at the door." Clint kisses her forehead and she leans her head on me. "We'll talk about it in the morning. Anna, can you get her to bed?" I nod and stroll into her room, setting her down. I pick up the book from the nightstand and read to her for a few minutes until she falls asleep. Clint stands against the rail as I gently close the door. "Welcome back, Anna."

"Great to be back," I reply, smiling. "Why was Lila still awake?"

"Nathaniel has been crying. We just got him to stop but he won't sleep. Think you could give it a try?" Clint asks.

I smile. "This happens with every single one of your children. I would think you'd learn how to work with the children."

Clint smiles sheepishly and we walk to Nathaniel's room. "I know, you just have a way with your niece and nephews." We walk into the room where Laura is standing, rocking the baby back and forth.

She looks up and sees me. "Hey Anna." I walk over and gently take Nathaniel from her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. I hear you've had some trouble getting the little guy to go to sleep."

"I don't understand. Cooper was never this way, even Lila wasn't this bad. Nathaniel just hates to sleep."

I look up from the boy. "You two go and get some sleep. I'll take care of him."

Laura hugs me and Clint kisses my forehead. "You are a godsend!" Laura whispers.

As they leave, I call after them. "And no more kids!" I see Clint blush and scowl at me as Laura laughs. Their door closes and I return my attention to Nathaniel. I rock him slowly and hold him close. When he doesn't fall asleep, I think of the most peaceful scene I can and project it to him. The blue glow surrounds us both as I project a peaceful image to the small boy. He smiles and easily falls asleep as I hum an old lullaby.