27

I need your grace to remind me to find my own... All that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes. They're all I can see. 

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol 

ISABELLA

Jasmine Styles, previously Hemmings, was a very poise woman. She always possessed the ability to handle things with a grace that only she could come up with. I was always a mess when things go to become too much, but Jaz – no, she always found a way to get herself through it. She'd come out the other side with her hair still in place, lipstick smudge proofed and her head

She was a bit of a perfectionist. I never noticed it before until the few weeks that led up to her nuptials. She developed a habit of double, triple, quadruple checking her wedding to do list. Being her maid of honor had been a bit of a struggle when her bridezilla tendencies became a bit too overbearing. Overall she had been prepared.

But she wasn't prepared enough.

The woman that I saw the moment I walked into the lavish washroom was not the same vision of elegance. Sprawled on the ground, her puffy wedding dress fanned out around her and her hair sticking out of place sat Jaz. The veil that had been flown in from Italy (her mother's gift) was sat chaotically on her head. She looked up at me the moment I stepped inside, her tear stained cheeks and blood shot eyes meeting mine.

"Oh Jaz," I cooed, immediately falling to her side. "What's wrong?"

She crawled into my side, immediately burying her head into my shoulder. "Everything is a mess! You know me – you know how I got with everything. I double checked my wedding lists too many times. I made sure to try on everything more times I could count – but I didn't... I didn't with this dress and now it won't fit. It won't zip up! My wedding is ruined," she cried out.

I looked at Jana. A panicked expression painted across her face, she threw her hands out mouthing, "Do something."

Inhaling a deep breath, I pulled away from my crying best friend. "Nothing is ruined. We'll figure something out."

"There's nothing you can do!" She cried out, hysteria etching into her voice. She ran a hand through her darkened hair, tugging roughly at the dyed ends. "I've singlehandedly ruined my wedding because of my incompetence. Ben should go and divorce me now... call up a pre-nup because I'm a disgrace."

"Okay Miss. Dramatic, you're not going to get a divorce over a dress," I said. I picked her up by the arms, pulling her to her feet. She avoided my glance, looking down at her bare feet. "We will get this all sorted."

"Yes dear, let me see your dress. I used to work as a seamstress when I was in uni. Maybe I can fix it," Darla offered her voice so warm and motherly. She placed a kind hand on Jaz's shoulder and gave her a sweet smile.

Jaz huffed out a frustrated breath of air. "There's no hope Darla. It's hopeless."

She shook her head, patting Jaz's shoulder. "You don't know that until we try. Now," Darla paused and looked over to Jana. "Please give me the dress and let me get started."

Jana nodded. She walked over to where a white dress bag hung the words GIVENCHY printed across. She handed it to Darla, eyes wide and hopeful. Darla took it out of her hands and walked off to where a chair and vanity sat, laying the bag against the table top to get to work.

"Okay. Now to get you all fixed up," I pulled Jaz to the other side of the vanity. Gently, I pushed her onto the chair.

She groaned, throwing her head into her hands. "I probably look awful."

"This isn't your best look, no. It's okay, we'll get you fixed up. Let's start by wiping those tears away, okay?" Taking a tissue, I dabbed lightly against her cheeks. She sniffled.