Chapter One

This Chapter is dedicated to dreambigbae for introducing me to this site and being an amazing friend. Thank you for all you've done and continue to do. :)

Senior Year

Senior Year

After an amazing summer in Europe, coming back to start school is a nightmare I apparently can't avoid. Another year of pure hell is about to begin. And if it wasn't for France and the people I met there, I would have had a mental break down before I made it through the summer.

My alarm blared over thirty minutes ago, but I am still in bed, holding the comforter over my head. As cowardly as it sounds, I just want to close my eyes and sleep the rest of my life away!

Unfortunately, I don't get to ponder on that lovely thought for too long. Because the next thing I know, mom is bursting through the door.

"Jessica Grayson!" She calls in disbelief. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

I lower the covers, and she doesn't give me a fighting chance as she opens the curtains and momentarily blinds me.

"Mom!" I whine, covering my face with my pillow.

I wish I had the discipline to suffocate myself with it right now.

"I hate to do this but..." She snatches the pillow away, exposing my face to the harsh sunlight. "You need to get up and get dressed. You are not missing school on the first day!"

I don't think I have ever dreaded anything more than I dread going back to that place. But I get up because that's what we do. We get up and hope for the best.

Things weren't always so bad. Well, actually, they were. But then they got better. I was well-liked in school and had what you would call "a perfect" sort of life for a little while. To outsiders, at least. Having a wealthy father had its advantages too. It's once my father built his empire that I even managed to make friends and won myself the quarterback as a boyfriend. And it was all fun and games until it all went to hell.

"I have to take the twins to school, so please hurry up." Mom says.

I pause halfway to the bathroom.

"Didn't you say dad was taking them to school?" I ask.

Mom looks away, then down at her feet.

"He called to cancel. And to think they were so excited to see him." She sighs.

I roll my eyes, fuming with anger.

"This is so typical! He always does this."

"I told them he came down with a cold. So, stick with that." She tells me before walking out.

Ugh!

My father was never really around even when he was around. He was too busy climbing the ladder of success. But as the years went by, it started to get worse and worse. The constant business trips and late nights at the office took a toll on mom. He basically left her to raise the twins alone.