Chapter 24

*Adithya Pov*

I woke up yawning, hearing the alarm and saw that it is raining outside. And the cool air is filled inside the room, making Janice snuggle more into me.

I want to sleep like this and not move at all, but today I am sure duty will be more as there will be few problems erupting because of the rain.

"Janice!" I said, shaking her.

"Don't move! I am feeling cold." she said not allowing me to move away.

"We will get late." I said yawning more.

"You must be dreaming. How can the climate be cold in the morning? I am sure it is still midnight." she said, but didn't open her eyes.

I chuckled hearing her and immediately pinched her waist like yesterday making her eyes open up in a second with a glare.

"Why do you keep on doing that?" she asked, yawning and looked at the clock.

"Your waist is cute." I replied, and we both fell into silence with the awkwardness.

"Go and get ready." She mumbled.

I nodded and immediately got up from the bed hoping she didn't mind the comment. Why did I even say that? I thought slapping the back of my head.

After getting ready, I walked outside, and she calmly walked inside. I sighed and went downstairs to see Mom and Dad looking at me smiling.

"Don't tell me you got a new marriage proposal for me?" I asked them, and they looked at me shocked.

"I am just joking. Because the last time I saw you guys smiling like that is when you searched some brilliant proposals for me." I immediately added.

"You are back on your joke mode?" Mom asked surprised.

I shrugged smiling and sat at the dining table, but she continued saying, "You were not from nearly one and half year."

"Never had a reason to but anyway, what is with these smiles?" I asked them.

"Happy birthday!" they both said and I looked at them in shock.

"I forgot." I mumbled.

"We didn't do anything even though you remember last year right as she was out of town for the shoot. And you didn't let us plan so how about this year?" Mom asked.

"I don't want anything Mom. I will just go for the work, and it is not my age to celebrate." I replied.

"Nothing much, but just a small gathering." Dad said, but I shook my head.

They both nodded and I smiled at them for understanding. After sometime Janice walked downstairs and smiled at them while they nodded without a smile making my smile disappear.

"Food looks tasty." Janice mumbled, trying to make a conversation.

"It's my favorite breakfast." I said.

"Even mine. Same pinch." She said pinched my hand, forgetting that my parents are here.

"Shut!" she mumbled when she remembered about them.

"It's ok!" I mumbled, but she is not ready to listen and started scolding herself inside by her expression.

"Come on! We will go in some taxi for today. I will be safe with the raining coat, but you will not." I said getting up.

"Actually, I don't want to go anywhere today. I am feeling lazy." She said frowning.

"But you will get bored here." I said frowning.