Epilogue

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Magic by Coldplay

Call it magic, cut me into two,

And with all your magic, I disappear from view,

And I can't get over, can't get over you.

Still, I call it magic, such a precious truth.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

EPILOGUE

     As the scent of warm, roasted coffee wafted up into the cool air ― proof that Autumn was arriving soon ― she wrapped her slender fingers around the curve of her white mug, her rheumy bones soaking in the blessed heat that gave her joints ease.

     She lifted the mug to her lips, parting it slightly to allow the dark brown, almost black liquid to fall in her mouth and slither down her throat, leaving a trail of heat in its wake.

     When she set the mug down, with a half-moon of her lipstick cupping the rim, a tiny clink echoed through her kitchen. She looked down at the thick, golden band around her ring finger and lifted up her other hand to idly twist the ring in its place. She sighed, her black wavy hair falling forward. Critically, she observed its dry ends, fingering them in annoyance; apparently she needed a hair cut.

     The shrill sound of a lawn mower entered through the gap between the open window and its latch. She raised her weary head and glanced outside, her lower back cold against the marble counter top behind her, watching her neighbour move that machine back and forth.

     He looked up, lifting his hand in a little wave when he noticed her looking and she returned the greeting after sipping the coffee delicately from her mug. He returned back to his work, and Rose watched as his wife floated out and pecked his stubbled cheek, to which he smiled almost shyly.

     Sadness hit her, slithering to the ends of her toes. She turned her head towards the door and reflected back to when her husband used to enter the house with a black bag in tow, a brilliant smile upon his lips as he bestowed a warm kiss on her lips, much to their children's disgust.

     Now his face was gaunt, and his eyes dim as he tied his blue tie into a knot, flattening down his collar properly, no bounce in his step as he drove to and fro work. He was bored with this life, this monotonous life of waking up in the morning next to her day to day, brushing his teeth, walking down to breakfast, ruffling Duane's ever changing hair and hugging Cathy, spinning her around. He was weary of exiting the house to go to another day of office work, his head bowed as he stared at tiny numbers on the luminous screen.