Ch.3

In the Castle
Maleficent's tenement apartment sat directly above Bargain Castle. It was dark, dusty, and dirty----just to Maleficent's liking and the colored windowpanes were mismatched and blocked out the sun. The green crystals' lights swayed from the high ceiling and the whole foul place smelled of sulfur. Maleficent, filing her nails, was seated in her tall green throne chair with her feet propped up and Hook standing on the wall with his legs crossed while he polish his hook. Mal, Ash, and their six friends and their six parents sat around the apartment, waiting for Maleficent and Hook to explain why they summoned all of them.

The villians had seen better days. Cruella, with her wild black-and-white hair, wore a ratty, nearly bald black-and-white dog-fur coat, which sported a bejeweled stuffed toy Dalmatian head next to her neck. She stroked it lovingly as if it were alive. Hades, with his blue hair, wore a ratty, nearly bald blue-and-black clothes looked at his board of Isle of the Lost and Auradon. Jafar, with his trademark mustache and goatee, was rocking a potbelly, a comb-over, and puffy Sansabelt pants. Doctor Facilier, with his red-and-black clothes and was possessing powerful dark voodoo magic capable of accomplishing nearly anything. Evil Queen, a former beauty, pulled at her cosmetically altered face and stared into a mirror. Ursula, the sea witch, was concoct various potions to create various spells. Mal, Ash, Evie, Lena, Jay, Stefan, Carlos, and Rick feared their parents nonetheless.

Maleficent commanded the teens "You will go," Hook blew on his hook and said "You will find the Fairy Godmother and you will bring us back her bloody magic wand. Easy peasy, lass?" Mal said "What's in it for us?" Maleficent said "Matching thrones, hers and hers crowns." Carlos gestured to his friends. "Um, I----I think she meant us." Ignoring him, Maleficent tossed her nail file over her shoulder, stood, and beckoned Mal to her. She said, leaning in close to Mal, "It's all about you and me, baby. Do you enjoy watching innocent people suffer?"

Mal said "Well, yeah! I mean, who doesn't?" Maleficent said "Well, then get us that wand! And you and I can see all that and so much more!" Hook said while helding up his arm and hook "And with that wand and Maleficent's scepter, she will be able to bend both good and evil to her will!" Evil Queen lowered her mirror and Ursula stopped her magic, then both said "Our will," Cruella pointed at them and Hades nodded. Hook said, trying to save face "Our will, our will," He looked at Mal and Ash and said firmly "And if you two bloody hell refuse, you two are grounded for the rest of your lifes, laddies." Mal and Ash cried, distressed "What?" Mal said "Mom!" Ash said "Uncle!"

Maleficent stared into her daughter's eyes and Mal stared right back at her. The stare intensified and it was a test of power and focus. Mal and her mom did this every so often. Maleficent always won and Mal tore away her gaze then said "Fine, whatever," and Maleficent said "I won," Evil Queen said "Evie! My Evil-ette in training." Ursula said "Olivia! My little sea witch in training." Evie and Lena ran over and sat obediently across the table from their mothers. Ursula said "You two find yourselves poor unfortunate souls with big castles and mothers-in-law wings." Evie and her mother said in unison "And lots and lots of mirrors." Evie beamed and clasped her hands then, her mother told her "No laughing. Wrinkles." Evie's smile vanished and she pouted while Maleficent looked at them and sighed.

Cruella said while caressing her son's head "Well, they're not taking my Carlos. I miss him too much." Carlos asked "Really, Mom?" Cruella said "Yes! Who would touch up my roots? Fluff my fur and scrape my bunions off my feet?" She kicked up a leg and Carlos caught her foot with his hand. He looked miserable and said "Maybe a new school wouldn't be the worst thing...." Cruella said while stroking his cheek "Carlos, they have dogs in Auradon!" Carlos looked petrified and shook his head "Oh, no! I'm not going!" Maleficent said "Ugh," Hades said "Auradumb isn't taking Gabriel, I need to help him earn that blue flame. Show me what you got?" Rick smirked and light up blue flames on his hand and throw it against the Olympus statue on his father's board. Everyone in the room was impressed and Jafar said "Jay and Stefan aren't going either!" Doctor Facilier looked at Jafar's son and his son, then said "We need them to stock the shelves in our stores. What did you two score?" Jay and Stefan laughed and pulled out a variety of stolen trinkets----one of the last items being an old lamp and Voodoo cards from their vest, sleeve cuffs, and boots and handed them over to Jafar and Doctor Facilier.