Ch 80: Only a Day.

A/N: I AM SUCH AN AMAZINGLY SMART HUMAN BEING!

I put the title of the second book in Ch 49 without even realizing it.

BAM I AM THAT GOOD. its all hidden in there like 'hehehe I am the one true troll you shall read me but your brain shall not pass, no dots shall be connected!!'

and those who follow me, you know how I said I have writers block? the craziest thing happened right after I said that POOF BLOCK BE GONE!

fuck yeah I'm that magical.

~~

Kaden POV:

A day left before Calla goes under, only a day.

I had wanted to spend it memorizing every bit of her that was human before it was gone.

I wanted to take millions of photos of fangless grins and listen to the beat of her heart.

I wanted to feel her body while it was still so warm it nearly burned before I got the chance to explore the new vampire Calla.

I wanted to feed her all her favorite foods because I knew she would be sad knowing that as a new changeling she could not consume anything but blood.

My blood if I had my way for at least the first few feedings. She wouldn't know how to control the chemical that sends pleasure to the brain of her victims and the last thing I wanted was her taking a bite and starting a massive orgy.

If I knew Calla as well as I think I do she's going to try taking a bite out of everyone she sees just because she wants to know what they taste like.

But instead of gazing into her beautiful blue eyes that I have spent the past few months melting under and worshiping I was here.

Staring at the king.

I don't care what his first wife said or what his second wife said, nor do I care what all his mistresses think.

I just don't see why anyone would want to stare at that their whole life. "Your highness, you requested me?"

His deep red gaze cut into my own, "..I am sure your pet has already informed you, there was an accusation against you."

My jaw clenched, I was highly aware, because of it Calla wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole 'just incase she says.' He last few days as a human and I can't even hear her paint and gasp for me. "She mentioned something along the lines of an accusation."

Actually she ranted, called Nina a cum guzzling squirrel humping mushroom fucking hoebag. Whatever that was, and then smacked me repeatedly when I tried to kiss her or anything of the like claiming it would kill me.

She even slept on the couch, just incase he had spies watching us during the say.

I don't give a fuck what she says, when the sun rises she's going to sleep in my bed even if I have to tie her to it.

My father nodded, "I expected as much. As king you know I must investigate but even an accusation is such a disgrace to our race."

"I can assure you I did no such thing." Hell I didn't even remember who Nina was just pretend to because according to Calla its important to know thy enemy.

"Well perhaps we should have the woman herself say her piece and jog your memory. Nina."

The midget girl with no boobs and the pretty face from the pool walked into the room nervously.

Oh. Now I remember her. Damn thing practically threw herself at me when Calla left. It was in terrible taste really but all of my fathers pets seemed to be akin to street walkers.

I was starting to think maybe it should be he who we investigate.

But looking at Nina's fear I guessed he wasn't too kind to his pets and he looked at her like she was a dog.

"Nina please explain."

"T-the lord had sent his pet away and spent some time at the pool."

Oh look the lies already started. I so going to consider Callas request that I 'drain that bitch dry and make it hurt.'

"And when he grew bored, he had asked that I show him to the library."

Lie.

"He had become...touching when we were alone in the hall eventually pinning me to the wall..telling me that if I agreed perhaps he could have some..fun and purchase me from you your highness."

I sneered at her, "bullshit. You can take any look at any of my past lovers, I assure you there are plenty-" Calla would kill me if she heard that, "-and you will see none of them resemble a 12 year old boy. Some men are interested in a women's breasts and while not my favorite trait I do enjoy them and you have none to speak of. Some men like a women legs, frankly I couldn't give a fuck about them unless they went on fore miles, which yours do not. Some men like a woman's arse, and I'm going to spare you of every reason why that doesn't work for me especially on you. And there are then men like me who like a woman to have hips perfect for many many things, which what do you know once again you have none. You're not a woman, your a little girl and I assure you I do not play childish games."

Her eyes were wide with shock and my father looked over his pet once more before looking back to me, "men do change their tastes."

"She's a human. If I were to bed her I had might as well bed the dog while I'm at it."

The girl cringed and I secretly prayed those words never made their way to my Callas ears. I didn't like saying them and I never wanted her to hear that I had even if they were meaningless, it would hurt her.

"My pet has never lied."

"Your pet clearly has some twisted fantasy where a lord would wish to bed her, perhaps she is considering overstepping her bounds."

"You seem rather protective and possessive of your blonde."

I shrugged, "to be frank she's a bit daft at times and gets lost easily."

That wasn't a lie actually, she had zero sense of direction. it was endearing really hearing a maid tell me she had gotten lost every now and again. Calls always insisted it was never lost, just unknown.

He stared at me for a long moment, "I'm watching you boy. You are dismissed."