Chapter 5

Lana

I was the first to wake.

My hands were chained to the wall, and I couldn't barely move my body. I looked to my left and saw Juris next to me, passed out. Then I saw Aira next to him, and Paytah on the other end, also unconscious.

This room wasn't the same white room, oh no. If anything, this was worse. Grey stone surrounded us, with only a small opening in the front. Probably only two feet of an opening, but with steel bars covering it. That was the only light there was. They really could have used those white lights from the previous room.

"Shit." I looked over at Juris, who was looking around the "cell", I guess it's called, too.

"They weren't done with us." I looked over to see Aira, looking down at her chains. She looks at me with pure fear on her face. It almost annoys me, how innocent she looks. Her blonde hair is a frizzy mess, her light blue eyes wide. I wonder if she put up a good fight when the men captured us again. She could've easily blown them away, or whatever the hell her element does. Although nobody could of gotten away with their guns. That's what got me. Yes, I sprayed water at them, but it wasn't as quick as the gun.

There's a loud noise as they slide the steel door open. People come in, dressed in all black. Guards, I guess you could call them. I see water bottles in their hands. They walk carefully, placing the water bottles next to us, close enough so we can reach it with our cuffed hands.

"Do you realize what my element even is?" I spit out, and they all freeze for a minute, but soon move on. I hear a commotion to the far left, and see Paytah kick the water bottle, and water spills all over. The guards don't react like they did to me. The strike, holding Paytah down and taking out more chains. Paytah yells as they hold him down, but soon after the guards are yelling, jumping back. Smoke rises from the air.

Typical Paytah. Burning people alive.

But the guards somehow get chains over his waist and legs. Paytah continues to yell, cursing at the guards nonstop. They leave the room, but come back a few minutes later. They hold Paytah down and put a muzzle on him. A metal muzzle, that covers his cheeks down to his chin, only a small opening for his nose. Uncomfortable, nonetheless.

They leave, and silence fills the room. Only Paytah's heaving breathing fills the ongoing silence. I sigh and move my chains a bit, but manage to get the water and drink some of it.

"Now what are they going to do?" Juris asks, sprawling his long lanky legs out in front of him.

"Kill us." I spit out flatly, and I hear Aira sniffle, her legs pulled up to her chest. She looks at Paytah, and he only shakes his head no. She seems to calm down a bit, which confuses me. She almost looked at Paytah for reassurance, as if he knows shit about this plaice. Although it seems Aira has been on his side the whole time. Or maybe she just hates me for leaving first...

"I'm sure we would of all split up anyway," I say, and Aira actually glares at me.

"I really doubt that, Lana." She snaps, "I bet we would've stayed together."

"And what if we did? We would probably still be here!" I almost shout.

"Maybe this is our punishment, you know? For not staying together," Juris says, but all I do is laugh. "Oh yeah, because staying in the white room for who knows how long was also a punishment."

Aira sighs, looking down. "I just want to go home."

"I'm sure we all do, Aira. And we will," Juris says, trying to cheer her up. I look over at Paytah, but he's looking forward, lost in his own thoughts.

"I mean, what's more to test? We can all get along if it means escape. What else?" Aira asks, glancing at Paytah. She wants an answer from him, obviously, but he can't give her any at the moment. She looks back at us, and Juris picks up the water bottle.

"They know what their doing. Yes, we can work together, but only if we have to. They probably have other ideas to use. We just have to work together no matter what, and they'll praise us."

"Yeah, praise us by locking us in a cell." I snarl, pulling on the chains again. "Bloody hell, lets purposely not work together and see what happens."

"Then they actually might kill us. This isn't some game. Lana, would you think for once in your life," Juris says, his big green eyes staring at me. This is the first time I've seen him-well, mad and serious like this.

"I am thinking! And I think that we need to keep fighting. You two are just letting them test you, like it's no big deal. Paytah is the only one that's actually fighting. That's why there's a fucking muzzle on him!" Paytah is now staring at me, snapping out of his gaze. "Yes, I'm on fire boys side for once. We fight till the very end, even if it means we are chained up. Because this.." I look around in the small room. "Is not right. They took us against our will, took us away from our families. So, go ahead and let them test you, but I am not an A-plus student." I hiss.

Aira and Juris both look down, taking in all I said. Paytah isn't looking at me, but at the small opening. I look up too, and hear the door sliding open. Aira and Juris look up now too. Two guards are there, but there's someone in between. A man, in maybe his late fifties. Short brown hair, with some grey hairs too. His eyes are narrow, but they are dark, almost black, I can't tell what element he is. His lips are pale, his nose small and pointy. He holds a smile, looking at each of us.

"Hello." He finally speaks, and I recognize him. The man who came into the white room and said "water". Apparently he came into all of our rooms.

"It's an honor," He begins, holding his clipboard tightly, his arms wrapped around it. "I'm looking at the four heroic teens who will soon change the world."

••••••

Hello!!!

So, thoughts??? Who is your favorite character now? And what element would you want to have??? Please comment!!

And PLEASEE vote too!!!!!!!!!! It means a lot!!

Thanks😊💜