Chapter 1

"Oh my god, they're on their way!" All different variations of this statement was said through the dorm hallways and most people's reactions were irritating me to a great extent.

Let me catch you up on a few things, first off, me? I'm Maria Fitzherbert, but if you call me that, I will punch your square in the face. I use my father's last name that he went by long ago before I was ever born, call me Ria Rider, daughter of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.

Yes, I'm the daughter of a princess with long blonde magical hair, or at least that's what she's been known for. I wasn't blessed with her magical hair, blonde though, but that's just basic genetics. Nope, nothing magical like about me, I'm just your boring old Ria.

Oh, it's not that I'm boring. No, not one bit, I'm actually a joy to be around if I do say so myself. It's just that life at Auradon is dull and I'm stuck living here. The school I go to is even worse. Auradon Prep is full of beautiful princes and princess, sure, but most of them are incredibly stuck up. I understand that we can't all live up to the wonders that our parents once were but seriously? Did their parents not teach them a thing about being humble? You'd think they teach their kids that just because they're royalty, doesn't mean anything.

The worst of them all if my roommate, Audrey, daughter of Aurora also known as Sleeping Beauty. She's the most pretentious out of everyone else that I've met at this school. She's dating Ben, son of Belle and the Beast. Ben could do way better in my opinion.

So I got to Auradon Prep you've already got that, daughter of Rapunzel check, what else should you know about little ol me? Oh that's right, my pet chameleon Delta. She's a cutie and I got her as a gift from my mother once hers passed away. She told me that she'd be one of my best friends that I'd never want to let go of and she was right. Little Delta is probably my best friend in this whole school, sad I know but it's the truth.

You see, I don't actually "fit in" with the other girls or even the guys for all that matter. They've all only got one mind set and that is to be one hundred percent good and if you're not good, you are not worthy. Now, I personally don't think this right, not at all. You can't force people to be good, that's not how it works. You also can't be one hundred percent good or one hundred percent evil, that's not how the way works.

There's people you love, that you treat with kindness and happiness and those that you don't like too well, that you treat with hatred and bitterness. Does that make you good or bad all the time? No sir it does not. Good, bad, what's the deal? Why can't we call live our lives without these labels?

What even makes me good? I was born from a princess. What makes the children of the Isle of the Lost bad? They had the unfortunate luck being born to a villainous parent. I wish it would all just stop.

Why am I talking about all this now? Well, I'll tell you. Prince Ben, soon to ascend to throne made it his first official proclamation that the children of villains from the Isle of the Lost, be invited to attend Auradon Prep as a chance of redemption for what their parents have done in the past. They gladly accepted and that is the "they" that are on their way to the school.

I feel like this could be incredibly interesting and I'm proud of Ben for giving the kids a chance at a decent life. I honestly think they shouldn't have even been banished in the first place but that was Ben's parents mistake and he's doing right by undoing that. I wish everyone could be more like Ben and less like Audrey.

She simply would not stop complaining that Maleficent's daughter was coming to Auradon Prep. I'd would just like to say, "talk about holding a grudge much and be extremely judgemental towards her daughter." I don't know what is but I don't fear them like the rest. It might be because my father was a thief and I love the thought of adventure, excitement and mischief. All I knew was that I was going to plan to meet them and maybe stir up a little excitement and mischief of my own.