VI.

Jonathan woke up, dazed and confused, since he didn't recognize the surroundings around him. His eyes glanced over to the side where he saw a peaceful Natalie sleeping.

"Way to go." Scarecrow told him as he started putting the pieces together. His mind was barely able to remember the events from last night.

He carefully got out of bed and sighed in relief when he noticed he still had clothes on. Careful not to wake Natalie up, he started heading downstairs towards where he remembered the front door was.

"You don't really look like someone who just sleeps with a person and then leaves." The voice made him jump a bit and he turned around to face a sleepy Natalie at the top of the stairs.

"We slept together?" He questioned, shock evident in his voice. He had never been the type to sleep with a stranger he barely knew. One night stands seemed foolish to him.

She was in different clothes from last night, only in a big black t shirt for and light pink pajama shorts. Far from dangerous looking. Natalie noticed him looking at her and smirked. "I'm glad you think I look great when I woke up."

"But no, we didn't sleep together." She started heading down the stairs towards where Jonathan was standing. "Just wanted to see your reaction." A small laugh escaped her lips when she saw Jonathan's shocked expression switch over to anger.

He rolled his eyes and opened the front door. "Well as interesting as I assume our night was, I have work to attend to." It was only 7 am, still an hour until he checked in - but it wouldn't hurt to experiment before work.

Natalie stood and watched in amusement as he walked out. Shaking her head, she took a seat in front of the door - waiting for him to realize how thinly planned out his plan was.

It only took less than a minute for Jonathan to walk back in. "Is it okay if I ask for a ride to work since you didn't let me drive here?"

"Of course." She reached for where her keys were hanging and walked out, Jonathan behind her. "It took you sooner than I thought it would for you to realize you needed me to drive you."

"Hm." Jonathan simply replied as he got into the passengers seat. "Is that a good thing?"

She shrugged and started her car. "It depends on how you take it." They drove out of her driveway and started heading down the unfamiliar streets again.

"If we didn't sleep together, why were we in bed together?" Jonathan finally asked the question that's been burning in the back of his head.

"Simple. We were both drunk and I didn't have the heart to let myself drive you home drunk." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing, flipping down her visor to observe her image. "God, I look like a mess."

"You didn't have the heart to drive me home drunk?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at her and ignoring her last statement. In his eyes, she still looked attractive but he didn't want to tell her that. So he decided that silence would be the best option.

"Mhm." She took a turn and Jonathan was able to see the large gates that entered into Arkham. "What if I ended up killing you? Then I'd have blood on my hands."

"You always have blood on your hands." He reminded her, unlocking his door to get out.

"I don't want your blood on my hands." She told him as he left the car, "Not anymore." Sighing to herself, she left the front of the island and thought of what she could spend her day doing.