Chapter Nine: Hush My Dear Child

I have some VERY good news for all of you guys. My classmates and I have to do an assignment called, The Two Week Challenge. I want to thank my English teacher for making us do this. For my assignment, I decided that I want to write a new chapter everyday for the next 2 weeks on Wattpad! I'm not going to publish them, but that doesn't mean you're not going to see any updates from me. Isn't that awesome???

~~~

Lucy's POV:

"Lu-chan, you promised me that during lunch, you would tell what you were talking about with Natsu. Now that it's lunchtime, you have to tell me!" Levy said.

"Alright, but can we get lunch first? I'm hungry," I said. We got lunch and sat down next to Erza. She was eating her strawberry cake as usual. If anyone tries to take Erza's cake, it literally means they have a death wish. Erza would completely annihilate them.

"Hey, Erza!" Levy and I said in unison.

"Hey, guys! Levy are you ok? You look a bit nervous." Ezra said.

"Actually, I need your opinion about my situation. It's been bothering me for awhile now," Levy said as she twiddled with her fingers.

"Don't worry, I can help. Now, what seems to be the problem?" I volunteered. Levy looks nervous. I rarely see Levy get nervous over something. It must be very important.

"Well, let's just say that whenever I get close to a certain person, my heartbeat accelerates, my cheeks grow red, and I get nervous around him... Do you know what's wrong with me?"

"It's love! How romantic!" A white-haired girl said out of nowhere. Since, when did she eavesdrop at our conversation? Weird...

"Mira! What's going on?" Levy asked. I was shocked when Levy knew who Mira was. I thought I knew every student who went to this school.

"Levy! I was just doing my usual thing around school. You know, shipping everybody. It's a lot of work if you think about it! I couldn't help, but notice that you're actually in love?" Mira said in a teasing way.

"No! There is no way that I am in love!" Levy blushed.

"It's so obvious you have the hots for Gajeel!" Mira exclaimed. Levy's eyes widened.

"What?! How did you know it was him?" Levy asked surprised. Erza and I were shocked. Gajeel was a total punk. How can Levy have a crush on him?

"Silly! GaLe is like one of my favorite ships! I started shipping you guys when I saw you tutoring him," Mira stated. Erza tilted her head in confusion.

"What are ships?" Erza asked. I wanted to know too.

"Ships are when I support and pair two people that I want to see have a relationship with each other! Like JerZa! Oh, I'm so happy that you and Jellal are together!" Mira said with a big smile plastered her face. She looks like a sweet person.

"M-Mira! Don't say it out loud! I am, I repeat, I am NOT Jellal's girlfriend!" Erza exclaimed as she blushed a very deep shade of red.

"Erza?! I never knew you liked Jellal! Did you know, Lucy?" Levy asked.

"Well, it's not that Erza likes Jellal, but Jellal has a crush on Erza," I explained.

"Well, I gotta go guys! I want to pair someone up with Lucy! I have a couple of guys in mind," Mira said as she winked at me. I always thought school comes before guys. So, why am I anxious to know who Mira is going to pair me up with?

"Uh, I don't think I want to be paired up with someone, Mira. I don't want to have a relationship with anybody at the moment," I stated. Mira placed her index finger on my lips.

"Oh, hush my dear child! I never said that I'm going to force you to date anybody. I simply said that I want to pair another person with you!" After she finished talking, Mira went to try and find somebody that I can be shipped with. Good luck with that, Mira...

"Now, that we got that out of the way, it's your turn, Lu-chan! Tell me what you were talking about when you were talking to Natsu! Do you have a crush on him?" Levy asked as she wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

"N-No way!" I said blushing like an idiot. Stuttering didn't help either. I just wanted to bury my face in a pillow.

"Sure, you're not," Levy said sarcastically.

"I'm not! I told him that when I was eavesdropping on Lisanna's conversation with her little minions, I heard that rumors are spreading around the school about Natsu cheating on Lisanna for a certain blonde girl." I stopped there because I don't want my friends to know it was me. Otherwise, they might get the wrong idea.

"Hmm...is it you, Lucy?" Erza asked.

"I didn't go out with Natsu. I was simply just his tutor nothing else!" I lied.

"If it's not you, then who is it?" Levy was growing curious. I hate lying to my friends, but they would think I'm dating him, if they knew.

[ENGLISH CLASS]

Erza, Levy, and I went back to class and it was time for English to begin. I saw Natsu and he gave me a smile. I waved my hand in response.

"Guess what, Lucy!" Natsu said.

"What?" I asked.

"Remember, when I told you that the coach said I can try again on Monday? He told me to meet him at the gym during lunch and I made it in! I passed the tryouts!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Really? That's awesome, Natsu! I knew you could do it!" I said as I have him a high five.

"Thanks, Luce!" (^v^)

We talked for about five minutes and the bell rang. Instead of the teacher coming in, it was Principal Makarov. What does he want now?

"Class, I'm here to inform you that we have a transfer student! You may come in, Mr. Eucliffe."

"OMG! What does he look like?" A girl asked.

"Do you think he looks hot?"

"I call dibs if he is!"

...

While the annoying girls were gossiping their butts off, I was trying to remember where I heard that name before. I swear it's at the tip of my tongue. I decided to forget it and jot down some notes.

"Why don't you sit over there, Mr. Eucliffe?" Mr. Makarov suggested.

"Whoa! He's so hot!" A girl squealed.

"I know right?!"

"I called dibs!"

...

I swear if I hear that he's cute or hot again, I'm going to staple their mouths shut. I was still writing down my notes until somebody bumped me, causing me to mess up.

"Hey! Watch where-" I immediately stopped when I saw him. I couldn't believe it. Are my eyes deceiving me?

"Is that you, Lucy?" The transfer student asked.

"Is that you, Sting?"

~~~

It's Sting! Let's make Natsu jealous! UAHAHA! *clears throat* I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I decided that I want to have Levy, Erza, and Mira come into play here. I feel like it's a lot about Natsu and not a lot about Lucy's friends. I'll try balancing it out later on in the story. This chapter was slightly edited.

~TheKonfusingKK