Chapter 30 - On The Town

Well my computer broke again so that's swell. I'm using my old, laggy, unreliable one at the moment to post this chapter. This is probably going to delay my writing for sometime, but I'll continue to try my best. Thank you all for your amazing comments by the way, they make my day!

-Song: Pale Waves - The Tide (Don't play the song until it says so for the added affect)

-Picture of Alayne

Theo's POV

On my way to drop Keegan off I caught a couple glances at his peaceful face. I couldn't tell if he noticed I was looking at him but I didn't really care. After following his directions we made it to his neighborhood. To be honest it didn't look very safe and looked kinda run down. I was really questioning if this is where he lived, it didn't suit him at all.

"You can drop me off over there." He told me, pointing to a brown brick building.

"You live there?" I asked, skeptical. It really didn't suit him.

He stayed silent for a moment before speaking his reply. "No, I live in the area though."

"Why don't you let me drive you to your home." I offered.

"Bye." He said, quickly getting out of my car. He ignored me and hurried away. Boy this kid can be weird sometimes. Why didn't he want me to take him home? Is it messy? Better yet does he have a home? He most likely does, with the amount of books and clothes he has though.

I sighed and pulled off the curb, driving back to my house. Spending the evening with Keegan was amazing. I'm sad it had to end but happy it happened at all. He really is like a breath of fresh air. The same cant be said for his neighborhood however. I don't even mind being abducted by my parents, I had a great day and nothing could ruin it.

After pulling up in the driveway near the gate of our house I walked up the garden and to our front door. When I got inside my mother stood from the couch and pulled me in.

"How was your day sweetheart?" She asked in a motherly tone.

"It was great actually." I smiled at her. She gasped, probably surprised at my calm reaction. I'm usually pushing them away or resisting them but today I replied normally.

"It must be a girl." She assumed, gasping.

"No mom." I denied.

"Its a girl, isn't it!" She continued, with her gasps growing louder.

"Mom, its nothing like that." I sighed. "Remember how I was telling you about the trip yesterday? Well I neglected to tell you that I made a new friend, and he's a really cool guy." I explained.

"If he can get you in such a good mood I'd love to meet him. He must be a real angel." She said while pulling me further into the house.