Twenty Four

"Who's texting you?" Jack asks me, as he sits down eating strawberries.

"Sam." I shrug. "We're like besties!" I sarcastically add.

"Why is he texting you?" He asks and he's being super curious and not the happy kind of curious, but the attitudinal curious.

I'm taken aback by Jack sudden obnoxious tone. Friends can text each other, right? Plus, he's his friend so he shouldn't get a defensive over this. I just simply continue to text without answering.

Jack snatches my phone from my hand, "hello! I'm talking to you." He basically screams at me.

My eyes widen, "because we're friends." Geez.

"You can be friends with everyone else except Sam, because Sam is a manwhore." He states.

My eyebrows raise at his words and I take my phone back. As if I didn't know that already. I roll my eyes, turning my attention back to my phone and speaking up to Jack. He's being rude for no absolute reason.

"Don't talk about your friend like that." I scold him. "And you can't tell me who to be friends with."

I'm not staying here if he's going to argue over every little thing. I am not attracted to Sam and I am not going to sleep with him. Jack needs to get that through his damn head.

[Sam] is gilinsky with you?

[Camila] yes why

He always is with me. Why would he ask that question when the answer is so obvious.

[Sam] you guys should come over again

[Camila] okay I'll tell him what time?

[Sam] 4ish hope to see you then

I lock my phone after that text. He wasn't hitting on me at all and that was good. I look at Jack who's still eating fruit and staring at the ceiling like it's more interesting than a television show or something.

"Let's go to Sam's at four." I say.

Jack's eyebrows furrow as he looks at me, "why?"

"Because we're hanging out."

"Who else is going to be there?" He asks like he wants other people to be there and not just Sam.

"Probably like the people who were there the other two times I went." I shrug, not knowing.

I haven't properly met all of the girls they bring over and he's the one who knows them more well than I do. I grab a strawberry from his bowl and take a bite from it, making a weird face because it was sour, causing Jack to laugh at me.

"Eat a grape from me." He says, putting a grape in between his lips.

Now he wants to be playful after he yelled at me for texting Sam? I go along with it because I don't want to sour his good mood a second time in one day.

I shake my head, "so cheesy."

I lean him and he sucks in the grape before I can eat it, causing me to kiss him instead. I pull away with my eyes narrowed at him. He boyishly smiles at me like he's so innocent and did nothing.

"We have like 45 minutes before we need to get there, what do you want to do?" I ask him.

"What I always want to do." He smirks and I laugh.

"I don't want to be tired and worn out when we go to Sam's place." I playfully smack his chest.

*

We get into Sam's house and Sam immediately charges at me, engulfing me into a hug right away. Maybe I'm just going to have to get used to this affection I'm getting.