Alabama

Venus's POV

Pan's mom left after breakfast, Pan and I were sitting on the couch. We sat in a comfortable silence, I had learned more about myself today then I had in then last five years.

Valery came into the room, bowing her head to Pan and giving me a small smile.

"I talked to a wolf in the Alabama pack and their Beta has a human mate. Right after she turned sixteen she broke her leg. Sitting on the couch, her leg just snapped. The Beta had been in battle and broke his leg. They didn't even know each other yet." She said after sitting in the chair to my right.

I glanced at Pan, he looked deep in thought. I looked back at Valery, "Anything else?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I've called fourteen of of the 67 packs in North America. So far Alabama is the only one who has had any kind of information. I just told them that a wolf in our pack had a human mate and he was hurt and she got sick."

I nodded, not sure is I was glad that she hadn't told them that the wolf was the alpha and the human was the Luna. But another question came into my head. "What is your rank?" I asked Valery.

She looked at me and smiled. "My mate is third in command and I am the Beta's sister."

I probably looked like a deer in headlights. "Henry?" I asked slowly. I almost died. Valery skipped out of the room.

I looked over at Pan, he still looked deep in thought. I grabbed his hand and held it in my lap.

"I need to go home. My dad is there. And I left my cell there." He looked at me as if he was in a different place.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, I'll take you." He rose pulling my up with him.

•••••

Pan's POV

I was lost in my thoughts while I drove Venus home, the only time we talked was when she gave me directions.

I pulled up at her house in front of her garage. We sat there for a minute. I really didn't want her to go.

"When can I see you again?" I asked.

"I don't know." She whispered. I wasn't sure what to make of that.

"Are you upset?" I asked her cautiously.

Venus looked up from her hands that were resting in her lap. "I don't understand why everything in me wants to stay in this car." She said in a timid voice.

I pulled her over onto my lap. She had her knees at my sides and her her around my head, pressing me into her chest. And let me say, it is quite the chest.

My friend and I were in agreement on this one. "Now everything in me wants something else. But there is a time and a place." She said, the last part in a deeper voice obviously imitating me. I chuckled at her.

I leaned to give her a chaste kiss. Then she climbed back to the passenger seat. "I'll probably be at Valery's, if my dads not here. I don't like being at home alone." She said. I leaned over to give her another chaste kiss, she smiled and got out of the car.

•••••

Venus's POV

I unlocked the door to my house and stepped in taking a breath. Then I called for my dad. And got no answer.

I wrote a note for my dad telling him that I've been at Valery's and was going back.

I went to pack a bag and call Valery. She said that she'd come and pick me up and take me to Pan's.

I packed my bag for Monday. I found my phone in the bathroom on the sink. About 25 minutes later I heard Valery's car pull up.

Valery came through the door as I was coming down the stairs. "So I'll follow you there." I smiled at her .