Chapter 50: The Coronation

{Real quick: if you read The Daughter of Illèa there is an AU cameo}

I don't wake up to small kisses up my back as I usually do. I wake up to a loud banging that causes me to jump right out of bed. Quite literally.

"WAKE UP LOVE BIRDS!" Two voices yell in sync.

I rub the back of my head from the fall as I glance up to see Taylor and Romeo banging pots.

"Why can't you two just tap me and wake me up like normal people." I glare at them and become thankful instead of sorry that I got to bed when Forrest was already asleep so we couldn't go for a round four. Well, he sure wasn't asleep anymore.

"You two have to be the most annoying creatures in this entire palace." Forrest mutters angrily.

"Um actually, we are the most annoying creatures in all of Illéa." Romeo corrects him.

"It's an honor not to be taken lightly." Taylor adds sarcastically.

Romeo holds up a finger. "And as the best man,"

"And as the maid of honor," Taylor continues.

"We are in charge of making sure you two actually leave the bed before noon." Romeo smirks.

"Did you appoint yourself as the maid of honor?" I ask her, slightly amused. I honestly didn't care considering my best friend was in a coma and the fact Taylor has been helping me so much. And I didn't mean with just the planning. She was... Well, she was a friend.

"Considering I am your only bridesmaid and I'm doing all the work, I thought it was a fair title." She says.

I shrug as I push myself up. "I'm not arguing."

"Great." Taylor says as she rushes over to me to grab my hand. "We need to go and get ready now. The ambassador or whatever his name is from Spain is already here with his family. As well as the King and Queen of Italy."

"Your parents are here?" Forrest grins. "Ha! They are the best!"

Romeo rolls his eyes. "They are embaressing. They practically fell all over me and my mother hugged me so tight it's still hard to breathe. Oh yeah, did I mention they were crying." Romeo puts his head in his hands. "Oh my god, this beautiful girl from Spain totally saw us."

"It's not like their son nearly died or lost a leg or anything." Taylor says dryly. "They have absolutely no right to be so worried about you."

Romeo shrugs. "I'm alive and well so what's the big deal?"

"Romeo, they couldn't fly over here and take care of you because it was too dangerous at the time." Forrest explains. "Imagine how they feel."

Romeo ignores his comment and the room is silent for only a few seconds.

"Anyway," Taylor drags me across the room to the door. "Let's go. You are so damn slow."

"Can I at least get a kiss goodbye first?" Forrest smirks over at me.

"Um, no." Taylor answers for me. "Keep it in your pants for a day, Forrest. I know that may seem physically impossible."

Forrest glares at her but doesn't say anything.

"Can I at least get a kiss goodbye?" Romeo smiles over at Taylor.

Taylor furrows her brow then scowls. "Stay in your lane, Princess."

Forrest lets out a long whistle. "Ouch. Princess? Romeo being rejected and for the first time? This is a monumental moment, folks."

I don't hear the rest of the conversation because Taylor is already pulling me out the door.