Ch.70 - Never Let Her Go

First off; that Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse thing was hella huge and awesome, secondly; I am so so sorry.

Enjoy!
_______________________________________________

Trampling down down down in a hurried haste, green blurring with brown and yellow, waters reflection blinding her momentarily but pushing forward. Falling forward. Landing forward with a rusty groan of pain, but then it's wavy brown hair and a pain striking up her arm and feet dragging with the gravity of being yanked back up in motion.

Trees are down, big branches, little branches, twisted branches and then water greeting much further up then it usually is. "We're coming Moll!" An over flowing river that floods broken sticks, and worn paths. It's cold but nothing deters them, brisk and icy as the water shoots up as her legs splice through it with power. Going deeper as her converse shoes suck to the pudding like mud. A push at her side from an over zealous current wishing to drag her down stream, bracing against tall sturdy tree trunks, prickling her touch.

Not having comprehended that the hoarse echoes of a panicked parent is hers. Screaming out Molly's name, searching with sweeping vision for the sister she loves. Expecting to see that pink sweater washing up into her thighs, revealing an absent six year old, but thankfully Molly's cries of desperation return. "Char! Help!"

Dads cursing and yelling too, "Lil'M, keep talking! Shit, shit, shit, honey?!" Making himself known as to coming. He's not as fast nor agile as herself or Robert though.

Calling back to Molly they both try and comfort her. Up to her waist, glancing as Roberts ahead, but the tiny voice is behind thick logs and to go around it would only take more time. He grabs at a neighbouring tree as she twists with all her might to get closer through the heavy flowing water, and he jumps at it, nails scrapping and tearing at timber as he slides back down with a splash and then it's her screaming out "Robert!" as he almost gets lost in what's known as a twister which is a strong portion of water generated in its power by the blocking object of a large fallen trees. Acting like a suction.

He manages from being pulled into it as Molly calls out "M'slipping!", and then it's Robert looking at her with a soaked shirt sticking to his firm body and she's right there as he goes beneath the water, her hand on his shoulders and his grip on her left sneaker as suddenly she's shooting up and scrambling at the top of the mess of built up logs. Then it's both her father and Robert supporting her icy feet so she can get her weight onto the top. Her fathers cracking throat wheezing out, "Do you see her?" Her torso burns from protruding pieces of irritating wood but she manages on top and immediately meets Molly's eyes.

"I see her! Molly!" The six year old is at the end of the built up stacks of logs, like a beaver damn where this particular curve in the stream stores all the rivers bunches of broken trees that have floated down the current, and Charlottes clambering over top of them. "I'm coming, I'm coming, just hold on. Can you move?"

The little one tries to lift herself and--

"Don't try and move! Stay where you are till I get you."

"Can't move."

The little one is on the opposing side of the current, being pushed between two logs that are managing to both keep her at sea level and trapped. Her finger tips are bleeding and Charlottes just about a few paces away when her leg goes straight into the current between logs. The tot screams in horror yet it's an exhausted sound, lifelessly clutching forward in hope to get out, but remains entrapped. It scraps and hurts as the water wills her to come along with it's power, but she manages to get her limb out. Immediately going to all fours and crawling, "Just look at me, Molly, look at me. I'm fine and I'm coming for you."