Chapter Five

Hi everyone I just wanted to apologize before hand for the really late/slow update!
*******************************
The next morning Gansey and Adam sit in the back corner of the library to study for an upcoming government test. Hastily but meticulously, the two scribble down notes and flick through pages of texts books without saying a single word to one another. Seeing as today is a Saturday and none of them have any classes, the two students have been at this since lunch time and it is now well past dinner.

Stretching, Gansey's stomach rumbles. Crookedly he smiles at his study buddy."Well I'm hungry. What about you?" Gansey questions.

Adam looks ruefully at the clock on the wall before sighing and closing his textbook."Yeah I guess I'm hungry too."

"Excellent. Then let's get something to eat shall we?" Gansey asks excitedly.

"But we missed dinner," Adam says confused. Carefully he packs his books away so that they don't get damaged and slings his messenger bag over his shoulder.

"So let's just head into town," Gansey says, shrugging his shoulder.

"Don't we need permission to do that?" Adam says knowingly. "Neither of us are eighteen yet."

"Yes but we'll be fine. This is a risk I am quite willing to take, Parrish," Gansey brushes off Adam's mention of breaking the rules without any guilt. He is all for obeying the rules, but just when they fit his sensible needs.

"But we don't have a car," Adam points out. "You told me that you left yours at home so that nobody would trash it."

"I may have left my car at home," Gansey says looking at Adam slyly."but Ronan didn't."

"Great," Adam groans, already guessing as to how the loud mouthed boy would drive.

Together the boys walk to Ronan and Noah's dorm room. Without knocking Gansey opens the unlocked door and steps into the room. What they see they can hardly believe in a thousand years. Ronan has Noah pinned in a head lock and Noah is furiously tapping the ground trying to escape. Besides them a Candy Land board game lays in ruins. In surprise, the two look up at Gansey and Adam.

"He cheated," Ronan dead pans, still keeping Noah in a headlock on the ground.

"Help he's crazy!" Noah screams furiously as he tries to escape.

"What in the hell?" Adam mutters.

"We were playing Candy Land. He cheated," Ronan says whilst effortlessly holding a wiggling and thrashing Noah down.

"Gotcha," Adam says even more confused.

"Well could you please let him go now? We've got plans," Gansey says just as confused.

Rolling his eyes Ronan releases his grip on Noah and stands. As soon as he can Noah crawls away from his roommate and hides under the bed. "You can't get me now you bastard!" He screeches.

They all stare at the bed he hides under for a moment, completely wordless. Finally Ronan breaks the silence and asks casually,"So what plans do we have?"

"Uh, yes well," Gansey says gathering his bearings. "We were hoping that you were down with a trip into town."

"So you're saying you need my car?" Ronan questions with a quirk in his eyes.

"Basically yes," Gansey says shifting on his feet.

Ronan swishes his head around some and pretends to ponder what he'll say. "Alright fine let's get our asses moving though. I'd hate to get busted," He says sarcastically.