F O R T Y - F O U R

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

I looked at the bag that Sehun is currently holding. I wonder what's inside? I wanted to check but we had to return to the classroom since classes were about to resume.

"That's odd... was Lucas a demon this whole time?" I wondered.

I was living with him for five years and never did I see him with red eyes or any other hints of being a demon. Perhaps he went through the same change as me.

"He doesn't look threatening though," Jiyong commented. "But still, be careful."

"His warning makes me feel uneasy, he seemed to be so sure when he said that they'll be waiting for me." I cringed at the thought.

"Maybe there will be some hints when we open this later at home." Sehun said as he carried the bag.

"I'll carry it, those are my stuff anyway." I said as I reached out for it but Sehun moved it away and shook his head.

"It's a bit heavy, just let me do it." he said.

"You're not my assistant," I said stubbornly.

"Of course I'm not, I just want to carry it for you." he argued and I sighed in defeat.

"Look at these lovebirds," Jiyong snickered causing both Sehun and I to avert gazes from each other.

"Let's hurry back," I scoffed and I heard Jiyong's chuckle.

We got to the classroom with just enough time before our next subject began. Once classes were over, we went straight to the van then we drove home.

"Sehun, what's that bag you're carrying?" Tao asked.

"It came from Paige's stepfather earlier. We still haven't opened it." Sehun answered.

They immediately looked surprised to hear that we had an encounter with Lucas. "Did something bad happen?" Xiumin asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

"None," I answered. "He just gave the bag and said that they'll be waiting for me."

"Waiting for you?" Xiumin raised one eyebrow. "What does he mean?"

"To be honest, I don't want to think about it. As much as possible I want to focus on stopping myself from changing forms." I said and they didn't ask any further.

The moment we arrived at home, everyone gathered at the living room. All eyes were on the bag. It's not like we're opening a package delivery.

"You know, you can all rest now. You might just get disappointed about the contents of this bag. I'm sure it's nothing special." I said as I sat on the floor. I took the bag and I opened it.

"These are all clothes," Chen said as I took out the clothes.

"Do you own them?" Chanyeol said as he looked through all of the dresses that I took out.

"Those are my mother's," I said. "I think everything in here belongs to her."

I took out the other things in the bag. Most were photo albums and some books that my mother read.

"There are a lot of books here," Suho said.

"When my mom got sick, reading was all she could do. I would always spend my extra allowance to buy her a new book since she loved them so much." I smiled to myself as I looked at all the books I bought.

"When our mother got sick, we sang songs to her a lot. We may not be the best singers but she loves listening to us." Kyungsoo narrated.

I smiled. Who are they kidding? They're great singers, I hear them a lot. Kyungsoo is the one I hear singing the most since we cook together in the morning, he must be unaware sometimes.