03

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan says, explaining for our plan tonight.

I furrow my eyebrows, crossing my arms. "And you what? Vervained him?"

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." Damon jumps in and Stefan eventually nods, "Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena starts, "We drove it through his heart." Stefan cuts in.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I ask and uncross my arms, sitting at one of the tables. "Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." Damon states.

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan shrugs. "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena tells us and I nod. 

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael walks in as he puts a dagger and a jar of white oak ask on the table nearby.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena questions as we all walk towards Mikael. There was an odd feeling about him and I knew I couldn't trust him.

"Well, it means our plans is working." he replies back, "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan makes a point. "Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree." Mikael tells Stefan. "The one that left this ashes when it burned." he adds. "Where is it?" Damon asks.

"Not here. Knowing its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?" Stefan questions. Mikael put the dagger in the ash and pulls it out, "You leaving this in my heart." Mikael replies.

"You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So... it falls to you." He hands Elena the dagger. I watch her hesitate before grabbing the dagger.

"You want me to actually dagger you?" she asks him. "Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust."

Elena stakes the dagger in Mikael's heart. I watch as he falls to the ground and his body slowly starts to desiccate.

And that was it. The plan was working. Stefan called Klaus and Rebekah had convinced him to come back home.

§

"So, when do I actually get to shoot?" I ask, fixing my arrows so Damon can soak them in wolfbane after he's ready. I sit on his bed, counting how many arrows I had at this point.

"Your job is to shoot as many hybrids as you can with your talented hands." Damon responds with his usual smirk. I roll my eyes and collect my arrows before walking to the bathroom where Damon and Elena were currently at.

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us." Elena tells us as she does her job of the plan. "Oh, really?" Damon asks sarcastically, "because those original vampires are so reliable."

"Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now, but he is her brother." my sister states and I bit my lips, thinking about that.

I never really got any interactions with Klaus besides the fact that he was curious as in to who I was and why he never saw me before. I just don't know why he would ever care in the first place.