Entry 1 - Foundations

A few things you should know before you start reading this diary:

1.) I'm not a typical girl. So obviously this won't be a typical diary. If life were a woven tapestry, I would be spun gold. And thus, I feel that a life that special should be recorded. And let's be real here for a moment. I'll be famous one day. It's practically inevitable. A girl with my status, looks, and personal drive? It would be a shame for future generations of rulers not to know the details of the life of a living legend.

2.) Aren't I so considerate? That's another reason I'm writing to you today. Future queens, maybe even kings I won't discriminate, could learn from my experience and expertise.

3.) As previously established, this isn't a typical diary. I won't write in a normal way. I write whatever I feel like. I may skip around, who knows, I like to keep people guessing.

4.) And lastly, I'd like to establish that ruling is my past, present, and future. Meaning, one does not simply build a kingdom in a day. I'd like to acknowledge my years of hard work into turning a public high school into an elite one. Can you imagine it otherwise? Claire Stryker deciding to live amongst the commoners? But I'll get to that later. For now we'll start with today.

~~~~

People's heads turned as soon as one Louboutin hit the ground followed by another. This always amuses me. I sipped my coffee to hide my smile and someone opened the door for me as I walked into school.

My girls were waiting as dutifully as ever and I didn't even have to pause as they kept pace at my sides. I knew they enjoyed having the crowd part for them in the hallways and the special treatment that came from being in the inner circle.

"Girls, get me up to date," I asked disinterestedly as I opened my locker. There was nothing going on in school lately. I may have to change that.

Brianna smiled eagerly. "Blake and Jessica broke up."

"Hmm," I said unimpressed as I touched up my makeup. "Don't care. Next."

Brianna's expression fell as she moved away towards the back. Adrienne smiled and took her place. "Word on the street is Eliza made out with just about everybody at Blake's party. Michael is totally dumping her for being a slut." She paused, then added hurriedly. "And on a completely unrelated note, he's totally available now."

"Girls!" I slammed the locker door shut, finally picking up on their message. They winced. "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm done with the boys here. I've dated every guy that was somewhat worthy of me. I'm moving on to bigger, better things."

None of them met my eyes and Penelope even pursed her lips at me.

I studied them all for a few seconds before scowling. "Fine. Pick a guy and I'll get him to fall for me in five minutes flat."

Protip #1 about being a queen: You live up to a challenge and go beyond expectations.

Everyone's eyes lit up in excitement. "Jesse Freeman," someone suggested.

I scoffed. "A player? Please. He'll screw anything with legs. Give me a challenge, please."

"Blake Carter," Gemma sighed dreamily.

"Been there, done that. I'm done with football jocks."

Savannah had a vicious smile that interested me. "Savannah, what do you think?"

She stalled, twirling a lock of her curled blonde hair while leaning against a locker. "Do you remember our dear friend Imogen?"

A smile twitched at my lips. "I believe I do."