Chapter 10: His First Gift

A/N at the end. Hope you like it. Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The evening of seeing my mate in his tiger form, I remembered the promise I'd made to him.

"Sara, will you take me into town?" I asked my room mate who was busy reading some novel with a half naked guy on the cover, which she'd bought when she went out with her mate, Jeff this morning.

She cocked her head at me.

"Some shopping needs to be done." I said grinning.

She marked the page she was on and placed the book aside, shrugging.

"Sure. Let's go. If we leave now we can catch the next bus to town. Come on." she said.

I quickly jumped up, grabbed my jacket, my phone and my purse and followed Sara out. We passed many other like us and a few of them waved at Sara, who waved back and smiled politely, though her emotions spoke of distrust and annoyance.

When I questioned her about it, she looked at me surprised and laughed.

"I keep forgetting what you are sometimes." she said, shaking her head, then her mood sobered.

"Most of them don't think nicely of me. The girls hate me for being Jeff's mate and the guys.." she shuddered "I don't even want to tell you what they're thinking."

"I don't know why they act like they like me when they don't. Hypocrites." she said.

"Screw them." I said.

"They don't have Jeff. So rub it in their faces." I added with a wink.

She looked at me surprised then laughed.

"You're an evil Empath." she said.

"No, I'm a scheming Empath." I corrected.

She just laughed.

"Yeah, you are." she said.

We ran to catch the bus before it abandoned us and sat down, watching the tress passing by. That's when I remebered something I'd been meaning to ask her.

"How come the bond you have with Jeff materialises on the physical plane?" I asked.

Her eyes widened.

"You can see that?" she asked, fascinated.

I nodded.

"If I concentrate really hard, I can."

Sara nodded thoughtfully, lips pursed.

"I share a mind link with him too. I guess the physical materialization is because he and I have had se-"

I held up my hands.

"Okay. Gotcha."

She grinned. "Next question?"

"What does Marking mean?"

"When your mate claims you as his with a mark near your neck, it's called Marking." she said.

"Oh." I said, my eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm surprised Nathan hasn't Marked you by the way." she added.

I looked up, confused.

"What? Why?"

She frowned in concentration.