8

C H A P T E R 8

"You three just earned yourself a detention!" Filch cried. His eyes were bulging and a vein was ready to pop out. "I hope you weren't looking forward to the Halloween feast tomorrow, because you will be spending tomorrow night cleaning the Greenhouses!" he seethed through gritted teeth as bullets of sweat dripped down the sides of his face.

Samantha and the twins rolled their eyes. It wasn't the first time they missed the Halloween feast due to detention. This was the time where everyone was settling into their schedules and was the true start of their pranking because they got into their classes and were also beginning Quidditch practices in the week to come.

"Now scat," Filch snapped and shooed them out of his office.

"I don't see why he's upset," George spoke as they walked down the corridor back to their Common Room.

"Yeah, he should be pleased that we changed Mrs. Norris's fur color. Her faded red was so not doing anything for her," Samantha replied laughing.

"Exactly. This bright orange will definitely get her noticed, maybe even by a male cat," Fred added grinning.

The three changed her color by slipping a few "special" treats into her food dish that Peeves stole from Filch's office. The twins invented it and called it Cat Color.

They walked up the stairs to the seventh floor and saw the bright Mrs. Norris trotting down the stairs. She meowed at them and continued all the way down.

"That was odd," Samantha stated with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, usually she hisses at us," George added.

"Maybe she likes her new color and that was her thanking us..?" Fred suggested with a wart voice.

The other two agreed after a laugh and they all continued back to the Common Room.

• • • • •

"Alright princess, you got it?" James asked his daughter.

She nodded happily. She knew the plan and couldn't wait to see the outcome of it. Her dad had a twinkle in eyes that didn't seem to happen in a long time.

"Your mother is with Harry who was just put to bed ok?" James said to her. Samantha always worried about Harry and her mother when they weren't with them. James loved that his overprotectiveness passed down to her. James had a special bond with his daughter and loved that she was up to helping their yearly Halloween prank on the Muggles.

Godric's Hallow was dominantly wizard but there were a few Muggles who lived there. They weren't a bother so the wizards were comfortable with them living there.

"Now put on daddy's cloak and wait by the door," James told her handing her his invisibility cloak that has been passed down from generation to generation.

Samantha put on the cloak and was now invisible. She stood by the door an they both waited for the doorbell to ring and scare the Muggles.

The doorbell rang and James opened the door.

"Trick or treat!" someone said happily.

Samantha popped out from were she was standing and scared the person.

"Boo!" she yelled and the person gasped. Suddenly a loud crack came from next to them and sparks appeared.