III - Temperamental

Dedication goes to @irwxnhood !!! You're such a cutie pie omg ily5ever :-)

-

Margo:

-

"Baby, c'mon... you're being no fun."

The scent of alcohol lingers in the air as Evan breathes down my neck, and I wrinkle my nose in distaste.

"Evan, I need you to get in the car." I tell him, dragging his intoxicated self down the sidewalk as he stumbles, trying - and failing - to support his own weight. His lips hover over my neck, ghosting kisses down my skin until he meets my collarbones, pointedly ignoring my attempts to get him to see reason.

"Why are you- so mad at me?" Evan interrupts himself mid-sentence with a hiccup before slurring out the rest of his words, nearly incoherent.

I unlock my old black sedan, and struggle to open the passenger door as I'm clinging onto Evan with one arm, my purse and jacket with the other. Ignoring Evan's whining, I manage to force him into the vehicle, absolutely fed up at this point. I slam the car door behind me as I seat myself behind the steering wheel, starting the car with great annoyance.

"You're-" hiccup, "mad at m-" hiccup, "-e."

I roll my tired eyes, and begin to drive to Evan's place, not acknowledging his overdramatic mumbling.

"Why are you being this-" hiccup, "-way, babe?"

I huff, "Oh I don't know, Evan." I mutter sarcastically before continuing, "Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have two final exams tomorrow, and you calling me to pick up your drunk ass from Eli's place is not how I wanted to be spending the evening. I have studying to do!" I hiss at him, to which he only nods his head and smirks callously.

"I can make it up to you." He assures me, leaning over to my shoulder and placing a sloppy kiss on the exposed patch of skin.

"I'm not interested in that right now, and you know it." I snarl at him, shoving the dark-haired boy away from me. Evan frowns, looking mildly offended as he sits back in his chair; not without hiccuping again.

"Fine-" hiccup, "Margo." He murmurs, sounding resentful towards me.

I shake my head, knowing he's a moody drunk. He's usually so much more tolerable than this.

Biting my tongue, I struggle to hold back any remarks I have about this situation. "You do know that the final is worth half my semester grade, right?" I glare at Evan, who only sits in his seat, not so much as acknowledging my words.

I can't believe he has the nerve to call me at midnight on the evening of a final exam. Evan has so many other friends he could resort to to bail him out - who don't have futures to worry about - but instead, he calls me.

The car ride is completely quiet aside from the faint babble resonating from the radio; and I don't bother to break the icy silence. It's Evan who is in the wrong this time, and he needs to acknowledge that. I don't mind the occasional party. However, when it's one I specifically avoided due to schoolwork, I can't help but feel incredibly annoyed.

Pulling up to the curb of Evan's apartment building, I lean over his limp body and open his car door for him. Evan looks at me apathetically, and without so much as a 'thanks', he stumbles out of the vehicle and up the sidewalk to his complex.

The part of this that makes me even more frustrated is this is not a one time thing, he's pulled stuff like this before.

I drive down the abandoned street, illuminated by the orange glow of a few street lights. The full moon shines brightly in the sky, and I admire the peace and tranquility the night has to offer.