0.10|when explaining shipping to someone|

"Hey, Carlotta!" Sabah looked in through the cafe door early next morning, her voice mingling in the tinkle of wind-chimes that swung along with the door.

Carlotta looked up from the little board where she had been writing the day's specials and exclaimed, "You're up early. I thought you had classes?"

"I bunked," Sabah laughed, sounding surprised at her own self. Clearly, she hadn't bunked a class before and that was what made it even tougher for Carlotta to understand this girl.

"I did not expect you to come back, you know," Carlotta frowned, twirling the bit of chalk between her fingers.

"You didn't?" Sabah sat down at the counter. "Well, I did. I mean, c'mon, the story is so captivating, why wouldn't I be here?"

When Carlotta didn't answer, Sabah shook her head, "I could hardly sleep all night. My mind couldn't help thinking and thinking and there was a moment where I was scared that I might just end up mixing your story with the ones my mind threatened to create."

"Aha?" the older woman looked impressed, her eyebrows rising up to reach her hairline nearly. "I was right. You young people have nothing to do and that is why your body not feel tired. So, no sleep."

The young girl laughed, "Maybe...All I know is that I would rather miss a Spanish Lit. in Translation class than go crazy thinking about Auburn and Anthony."

"What's that you study?"

"Uh, its a summer course where they teach us a variety of texts which were originally written in Spanish, now translated to English for non-Spanish students. We're doing poetry, drama, novels, romances...its great!"

"You come all the way from...?"

"India," provided Sabah, digging into her slingbag.

Carlotta could not understand this girl, "You come all the way from India to study Spanish books in English? Why?"

"Well, I love literature," Sabah smiled with a faraway look in her eyes. "I love stories, all kinds. I love how you can get lost in a story, don a character's role and experience things you can never physically hope to achieve." She looked at Carlotta, "Of course, that's not the only reason. I have always wanted to travel but never had the money for it so when I hear these guys were giving scholarships I applied. And, to my surprise, I actually got in."

"And you chose to come to Madrid?"

"Spain is amazing, full of excitement and adventure. I have dreamt of exploring Europe and Madrid has been a great dream destination. Its full of history and exotic culture and of course, its the home of Real Madrid."

"You're a madridista*?" the woman had now abandoned her attempt at writing out the specials. This girl seemed to be only made of surprises and for once, under the aura of Sabah's dreamy speeches and excited expressions, Carlotta was left without words.

The girl replied proudly, "Yes, and Cristiano is bae."

"I like you, girl," smiled Carlotta. "So, since its customary to ask a female tourist, how do you find our Spanish men?"

"Oh, undoubtedly hot," giggled Sabah.

Carlotta smiled, "You have good choice."

"I haven't really had a chance to meet any really good ones though because most of the students are international ones. There are like two Spanish guys in my class and though we all have a crush on them, its useless because they're gay."

"Oh," Carlotta looked positively dejected at this.

"Its okay, I kinda always shipped them so it's a victory for my shipper heart."

"What do you mean you 'shipped them'?" Carlotta asked. "You put them on a ship? You own a ship!?"

That resulted in Sabah nearly falling off her stool with laughter, "Oh God, no!" Some more laughter that didn't really impress Carlotta. "Shipping is when you see two people and you just wish that they were together."

Carlotta was quiet for a couple of seconds and then, "Oh, like how I wanted Auburn and Anthony to be together?"

Sabah nodded proudly, "Exactly!"

"So, its no longer matchmaking, its shipping," she said, thoughtfully.

It took Sabah some minutes to explain shipping to the fullest at the end of which Carlotta was determined that it was actually a very old habit of hers which only now the people of the world were catching on.

Carlotta got up finally, "I better finish with the board then."

"But-but you're going to tell me what happened next?" Sabah looked at her with hopeful eyes, her voice on the verge of pleading."

"I showed her the poster."

[*A fan/supporter of football club, Real Madrid.

Hey, everyone. Hope you liked this chapter and all the fangirl references bc I loved writing this. We'll be back to #aubony's story next chapter. 

Vote+comment and let me know what you thought of this chapter and have some Lays chips while you're at it XD

Thanks, ilyall]