Reader x Marco: Who I Am

Remember that time when Marco died? You'll thank me for this chapter.

Enjoy!

You sighed heavily as you placed a bouquet of flowers before Marco's tombstone. You stared at the words for a while, reminiscing your time together as lovers.

"Hey." You heard. You turned around and saw Jean with flowers also. "Didn't think you were coming here today."

"Me neither." You smiled sadly. "How are you? We rarely talk nowadays since..." You motioned to the tombstone. "Y'know..."

"Sorry." Jean apologised. "I've been quite busy lately. I'm doing fine, you?"

"Coping with the loneliness." You chuckled bitterly. "I still wish I was there to see him one more time."

"I'm sorry, (y/n)." Jean frowned. "If only I was stronger I..."

"Don't blame yourself. No one can disobey the law of fate."

"But I'm truly sorry." Jean sighed. "Anyways, we better hurry. We have five minutes to prepare for the expedition." You nodded and followed Jean back to the gates.

***

"Everyone ready?" Hanji called. The entire squad answered enthusiastically, much to Hanji's liking. "Open the gates!"

When the gates opened, the Survey Corps charged at full speed outside. The flare guns where whipped out, ready to shoot according to plan. Halfway through the trip, you spotted an abnormal titan, about sixteen meters tall. You shot your flare gun.

"Black. An abnormal one spotted! Jean, (y/n)! Take a few soldiers with you and take care of it!" An official commanded. You and Jean nodded and leaded a small portion of the squad towards the abnormal titan.

But to everyone's dismay, the titan was fully aware of its surroundings. It disarmed the other soldiers and tried to catch you and Jean. When it did, nobody had the chance to save you two when the titan dragged you both away.

The titan dropped you both in a forest clearing, it then took your gear away, making sure not hurting any of you. It also didn't let you escape. When it deemed that you and Jean were calm, it reached for the nape of his neck and tore it apart.

Steam came out, and covered the entire area.

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Are you okay?" You heard Jean cough.

"Y-yeah...!" You answered. You could only see the silhouette of the titan's remains and...a person? You waited for the steam to pass, when it did, Jean caught you since you loss balance.

Standing before you both was Marco, he was standing there in one piece...except a portion of his clothes were torn off. He had a relieved expression on his face. He took a step forward but you scrambled further into Jean.

"M....Mar...co...?" You and Jean called.

"Surprise...?" Marco awkwardly shook his hands.

You began crying and ran up to Marco. He caught you and spun you around, then he buried his nose on your (h/c) hair and hugged you tightly. After that, Jean came in for a hug too.

"How's this possible?! This must be a dream...! A dream!" You whimpered.

Marco wiped your tears away and kissed your forehead. "It's all true. I was the titan who took you here."

"B-but...how?!" Jean cried.

"I don't know. But it has to be that drug Reiner injected me with before the test." Marco said.

"But didn't they burn your body?!" You said.

"No. When I was...ahem...."dead" I was unconcious, and woke up in a room full of corpses. Not knowing why I was there or anything. So I got out and ran. Then I accidentally cut myself and I turned into a titan. Thankfully, I was outside the walls. I roamed outside as a titan for a year until I remembered the both of you." Marco explained, pulling you into a hug. "I timed my chance then snatched both of you. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Marco..." You sniffled. "I'm so glad you're alright..."

"Yeah, buddy. You had no idea what we had to go through 'cuz of you!" Jean said.

"I'm sorry. I love you both, you know that right? And I don't ever plan on leaving you both again." Marco said. "But I hope every one can get used to this new me."

Titan Marcooooooo

Until then, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!