Chapter 15: Let's Live

Chapter 15
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Let's Live

The sun light passes through the windows, the curtains have been tied in a knot. I wonder who did that. As I remember, last night, it was loose, hanging. It could be Mum. Mum always does that, tying the curtains into knot. But nonetheless, a smile creeps up onto my lips despite the hot weather in the morning. Fans have been turned off. The sheet is around me, tangled. Comfy. I immediately get my phone to see the notifications. Scrolling through a bunch of messages I got on Tinder, I'm checking out if I would have a date for tonight. Some of the messages consist of:

'Hi, how are you doing? ;)' says PromGirl32.
'maybe we could hang out and have a drink?' says Kath_kath.
'may i know your number? you're a hottie' says Lady_viruz.

Sighing, after scrolling through it for full 5 minutes, I have found out that I'm not interested at all despite these girls going bananas over me. It sounds crazy.

Standing up grumpily, taking off the tangled sheet around my feet, I swiftly place my feet on the ground and I shiver. Cold. I go to the bathroom and pull out the toothbrush and toothpaste from the cabinet. I put a bunch of toothpaste onto my toothbrush and brush my teeth vigorously. The last thing I want in this world is to have a bad breath that could be a total turn off for women. I spit out the bubbles and gurgle, then spit it out onto the sink. I turn on the faucet and splash some water on my face to make me fully awake. Smiling at myself, looking at my reflection in the mirror, I check my teeth and it's so white. Ha.
I head down to get myself some breakfast. I'm in a good mood today, and... why am I in a good mood since I woke up? Thinking back last night, the blood rushes into my cheek, making me shut my lips in a tight manner. The way Eros looked at my lips, it was like he was observing every inch of me, wanting to remember what it looked like. I let out a shaky sigh. It's not healthy for me. Mum has gone to work already. She used to stay at home, but these past few days, something is up and it sort of changed her. Brad is already at school, I guess. And I think no one is at home. Base from the eerie silence of the house.
When I get into the kitchen, there are pancakes on the table and my mouth waters at the sight. I still have an hour and a half before school starts. And I have to wear a uniform. Geez.

Eating the pancakes are so satisfying. I put some chocolate syrup, instead of the regular syrup, all over the pancakes. I cut a pancake, fork it, and shove it into my mouth and I moan in satisfaction. Gosh, this is so delicious.

After eating, I head back to my room, deciding I should take a shower and go to school. After school, I will go to my Dad's house and we'll have a father-son bonding. Sounds like a good plan. So I take a shower. Get things done, then head to school.

It's the typical and usual school day, where lots of people are being nosy and nerdy and a bitch. When I head to my locker, when I open, there are lots of notes inside it. I frown. Most of them are birthday, with flirty words, letters. In a week, I'm going on 18 and I couldn't be happier. That means I can live with my Dad. I can go on my own! The thought makes me happy. But then I immediately frown as I think of Eros and Brad. That means I'll have to leave them. That means I'll see less of them. God, why am I even thinking of this?

Someone slings his arm over my shoulders. It's Karl. He greets me with a smile and I look back to what happened earlier. They had a party together with Ashton and whoever they are. I was the only who wasn't present at the said party. I have the urge to ask Karl what happened at the party, but I don't want to get a wholesome of 'You should have come, mate. It was the best'. Karl is sort of a party boy. He is a party boy. So I save myself by shutting my mouth and just let him talk and talk and talk until we our in our class.
The bell rings, indicating that the class will start now. And as soon as the bell ring cuts off, Mr. Patrony enters the class with a lot of papers. We must have a lot of work coming in our way. As usual, Mr. Patrony eyes each and every one of us, checking if someone is absent, then he grins as he finds a one empty chair. It belongs to Troy. He and I share most of our classes. Except English. Mr. Patrony likes to torture students by giving them an extra works if they were absent. Poor Troy. He doesn't know what's coming on his way. The only person he can't torture is Noah, because he knows Noah is powerful. Same goes for me. Because he is my best friend. Mr. Patrony rants about this and that, which I don't understand and basically ignore him as my mind drifts into a fantasy.