6.

I climbed out of Sophia's car, shutting the door as I swung my bag over my shoulder. Immediately, I felt someone embrace me from behind. 

"Seriously Lucy? This is like the hundredth time you hug Ava this morning. Let the girl breathe!" Sophia let out an amused laugh. I giggled at my squealing friend, wrapping my arms around her and giving her a squeeze.

"I'm sorry! I just really missed her, okay?" Lucy grinned, finally letting me go. She closed her car door and turned back to us with a grin. 

"I missed you too. Both of you." I giggled.

"Do you guys want to head to the mall later? I really need to get some new makeup." Sophia asked. "Yes, duh!" Lucy exclaimed. "How about you, Ava?" Sophia asked but my mind paid no attention to her seeing as my full attention landed on him

Niall stood about twenty feet away from us in the school's parking lot, body rested against the hood of a car. His hands were in his front pocket as he conversed with his two tattooed friends. 

"Ava?"

And almost as if he could feel my eyes on him, Niall's head scanned the parking lot briefly before his blue orbs landed on me. 

"What are you looking at, Ava?" Lucy's voice filled my ears yet my mind ignored her. 

Niall's lips displayed a cute little smirk as our eyes locked, him realizing I had already been looking at him. He nodded his head to greet me, causing a warm feeling in my stomach. 

The corners of my mouth curled up just before his dark haired friend nudged him with a smirk, gaining Niall's attention. 

"Wait, did he... Did Niall Horan just give you 'the nod'?!!" Lucy exclaimed with wide eyes as I diverted my attention back to my friends. "What the hell did I miss?"

Before I could even say anything, Sophia beat me to it. "Niall is taking Ava to the party with him." She smirked. 

"WHAT!" Lucy's exclaimed.

"And... they kissed on the first day they met."

"YOU AND NI-" My hand quickly covered Lucy's mouth panicking and hoping she didn't embarrass me. 

I facepalmed at Sophia's words wishing I had never never told her in the first place. "It was literally nothing." I huffed sending a 'are you serious?' look to Sophia. She only smirked in return. 

"Oh my gosh. This is so much information to take in!" Lucy dramatically gushed, her voice now lower realizing there were people around us. "How was it? How did it even happen? Oh my gosh, Niall Horan? He and his friends are literally so hot." 

"It's nothing... I really don't think he's interested in me like that." I said although a small part of me unknowingly wished I was wrong. 

"Do you like him?" Lucy asked. 

I took a moment to think. I've only known Niall for three days and I was already aware of his reputation. He was what was branded a 'bad boy' and a 'player'. Not to mention how crazy it was how his whole demeanor can change in a blink of a second going from a calm state to an intimidating or rude one.  Yet despite all of this, I found myself still being attracted to him. 

"No. I hardly know him." I shook my head ignoring the part of me that knew I wasn't telling the whole truth. 

"Okay, good." She let out a sigh of relief.  "Because I heard he sleeps around. A lot. And he has like anger problems." Lucy shook her head, an ick on her face. 

Although I already knew this, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. A part of me wished Niall was different. 

"Ava knows this. Which is why she'll be careful around him, right?" Sophia looked at me. "Yeah. Of course." I nodded. "Now, come on. Let's go inside. It's freezing out here." I said, pulling my two friend with me and into the school.