Chapter Thirty: When It's all Said and Done

"Thank you for your time." The policeman walked away from me. All the energy was drained from my body and I simply wanted to sleep. The sounds of voices overlapping each other were now droned out background noise. My senses were numbed and my mind felt hallow. Dean rubbed her hand up and down my back soothingly as we watched the hundreds of kids be paraded past us. The younger ones were still crying...not that I blamed them. I had only stopped crying a few moments ago.

Crowley sat across from us on one of the stone benches in the hallway. Her head in her hands, distraught and exhausted. They had taken Ava's body away a long time before they released anyone else.

I stared blankly at the passing people. Making random eye contact occasionally for a few seconds before the person continued by. There was no objective to my wandering eyes until I caught sight of Monroe being walked out of the office, cuffed and heavily guarded. She looked like she'd been crying. I felt no pity for her.

"Accessory to murder." Dean said quietly. I nodded silently. She would get what she deserved from the court system. I blinked slowly, the world was moving just a bit to fast for me at the moment.

"Rae!" I lifted my head, "Rachel!" A dark head was running through the crowd, trying not to trample over anybody.

I was barely on my feet when Cassidy slammed into me. "Oh my god you're okay!" She repeated over and over, not letting go of me. I hugged the girl back and felt my breath hitch in my chest again. Thank you God, for protecting them. I caught Dean smile out of the corner of my eye. Sam was right behind Cassidy, a look of relief washing over her. Okay that's four...where is-

"I hate schools." Cas's sudden reply answered my question, as she came out of no where. The seals must have broken when Ava was shot. I laughed and hugged the fallen angel. I was glad that she was okay.

"Me too Buddy." I heard Dean say, exasperatedly, "Me too." I looked over at Crowley. Her face streaked from running mascara. I moved away from "Team Free Will" and approached the Demon Queen.

"Hey," I said sitting down next to her.

"What do you want?" Her voice was cold.

"I want to offer my condolences. I know it's not easy to lose someone...especially when you were seconds from being able to save them." Crowley didn't say anything, she looked out into the crime scene. The forensics team was already "bagging and tagging" the evidence.

"Well then...Thank you. I appreciate it...even if you are a Winchester." A smile can't help but form on my face. The rest of my family came over, and Crowley and I got to our feet.

"So what now?" Sam asks, brushing hair out of her face.

"I may have a way to get us back to our normal selves." Crowley straightened her blazer.

"More magic?" Dean sighed.

"More magic." Crowley confirmed.

----

"Stop being a boob Squirrel. I'm sure you've drank worse."

"While that may be true, nothing has ever smelled like a roadside bathroom in July." Sam laughed at Dean's remark. Cassidy and I sat on the beds of the motel while the four women bickered.

"It will only work if we do this in unison." Crowley barked. Castiel was getting antsy.

"Dean, drink it." Her voice was stern, which was so funny to hear coming from her petite form. "My stomach is starting to hurt and I do not want to deal with that." Cass and I start laughing uncontrollably as Dean and Sam both straighten up at the angel's remark. We all knew what stomach pain like that meant.