Chapter 4

After leaving Carlos, giggling like an idiot, I told Ben about it and he gave me a pat on the back. "See, I've got magic powers, you should thank me or you'd be just pining over him," he stated as I gave him a little shove on the arm before heading to my next class which was math.

Math was incredibly boring and when we started reviewing the quadratic formula for about the twentieth time in my lifetime, I completely zoned out. My thoughts were mainly of Carlos and I realized that I've turned into a lovestruck typical high school girl, that almost made me sick to think about. Although, I started thinking in terms of fairy tales and figured out that I was writing a tale of my own with Carlos. Maybe one day you'll read about the Descendants of a villain and princess falling in love, that would make a best seller in my opinion.

"Ria, earth to Ria," I heard Mal say to me as I realized I was staring in her direction. I can only imagine what it looked like to her. "I know I'm a beauty to look at but would you mind not staring?" She asked me in a rude tone as I just snapped out of my daze.

"Whoa, sorry. Um, I.. I wasn't staring. I just zoned and it happened to be in your direction," I told her with a small laugh. "Sorry about that," I stated as I was flooded with embarrassment which actually got a smile out of Mal.

I did it! I have done the unthinkable! I have gotten the daughter of the wicked Maleficent to smile at me, what a glorious day this is.

"No problem, can I actually ask you something after class?" She spoke with a pencil in both her hands as she gave me a smile. I was almost positive that it was fake and that she was trying to get something out of me but it was still a smile that I would take.

"Sure," I replied returning to my work and I knew that after class that it was my chance to actually make a connection with Mal. Then maybe, just maybe she won't hate me like I believe she does. When class ended the two of us causally made it out of the classroom and we had a conversation against the lockers.

"Alright, so I don't know what all you heard last night, when you interrupted us. It doesn't matter what you think you heard, just don't tell anyone what you thought you heard, got it?" She basically threatened me as I let out a small laugh.

"Mal, don't worry. I honestly don't care enough to tell anyone. Like I said, if you do manage to take over the world just make sure I have a good life," I stated nudging her as she laughed which I could definitely tell was fake.

"Sure, you've got it Ria. Nice talking to you," she said to me before she walked off. We weren't friends but hey at least she knows I'm not a snitch. That has to count for something right?

The two of us went about our days after she walked away and I had next lunch. I had a later lunch because of my schedule but I didn't mind because that meant after lunch I only had history and art, that I very much enjoy to go to. I usually ate lunch in the library, sneaking into the restricted section but now I was on watch since Fairy Godmother caught me last time. I decided that I'd get my lunch and try to find an interesting book that wasn't in the restricted section, what a bummer.

As I was getting my lunch, which was just your average peanut butter in jelly, Jay and Carlos came up from behind me. "Hey, you're eating with us right?" Jay asked as he placed his hands on my hips from behind me and I craned my neck to look back at him.

"Uh, yeah sure. Will Evie and Mal mind?" I questioned and Carlos shook his head as I swatted Jay's hands away from my hips.

"No, Mal probably won't ever admit it to you but she actually likes you. You're different, that's why we all like you," Carlos stated with a smile and it actually filled me with joy to hear that.