Chapter 4 - Dimitri

I couldn't believe it. Almost everything about him matched with the man from my dreams. The same straight nose, soft plump lips and strong jawline. His dark mussy hair draped along his forehead just like it always did in my dreams covering his eyes slightly. His eyes. The only part of him that was different. They were beautiful in an eerie frightening way. Instead of the bright blue colour, they were a deep red colour with black sclera's instead of the usual white that humans had. Not only were the colours of his eyes different but the softness was gone too, replaced by hard bitterness.

I couldn't believe he was the guy from my dreams. How was that possible? He always saved me from the Demon King. How could he be the King himself?

Now that I think about it, last night in my dream he was suggesting the King to not be as bad as everyone thinks he is and proposed for him to actually have a heart. Maybe he said that because the whole time he was the King himself.

Even the demon that chased me in all my dreams immediately stopped when he saw me with my saviour. Maybe that was because my saviour was the King the whole time. It all made sense now.

Dimitri seemed to mirror my expression of surprise which surprises me even more. So many questions brew in my mind that I'm too hesitant to ask. Was he surprised because he had the same dreams as me?

"How is this possible Devon? How is she real? She's supposed to be a figment of my imagination, not actually real!" He exclaims loudly, turning to Devon as if he has all the answers. From this it's obvious that Dimitri's had dreams about me just like I've dreamed about him so many times.

I feel Thomas hide behind me, clutching tightly onto my legs. I reach behind and grab his hand in mine trying to comfort him as best as I can.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Devon asks confused as he looks between the both of us, when I see realization dawn on him with an almost surprised look. "She's the human girl from your dreams, isn't she?"

Dimitri nods his head, not lifting his gaze off of me. He then takes a few steps towards me as I stay put in my spot, not daring to move. "Isabella?" Dimitri asks and I hesitantly nod my head. He even knew my name.

We simply stare at each other for a few minutes when I decide to break the silence. "I've had many dreams about you too." I say quietly, anticipating his response.

"I see." He says as he walks up to me, grabbing my chin, not so delicately may I add, and lifting my face to make me look up into his dark gaze. He leans in really close, his musky scent filling up my senses. "I don't know why we've both had dreams of each other, but whatever's occurred stays in the dreams. Do you understand?"

I knew he was talking about the deep conversations, the warm hugs, the sweet, soft caresses and the passionate kisses that took place between us.

I nod my head, feeling disappointment and sadness. He had become an amazing friend in my dreams whom I had amazing conversations with and was an equally amazing lover as it had seemed that way in my dreams. But I had to remember that the dream Dimitri was nothing like the real life Dimitri.

"And don't bother thinking you or your friends are ever going to have a chance surviving. I don't give two shits about what Devon has to say." He says sending Devon a pointed look after moving away from me.

"Dimitri, you can't hurt those girls and Thomas. Please just let them survive. I doubt you'd need to hurt them anyways since-" Devon got cut off when Dimitri turned to him in anger.

"What? Already fallen for her?" Dimitri asks turning around to face Devon. "Don't let your attraction for her fool you. It's just lust."

"What the hell are you going on off about? This has nothing to do about attraction or lust or whatever else you think." Devon says with hard stern eyes staring back at Dimitri.