Hide and Seek

The young girl crept through Jim Moriarty's mansion with great caution, taking great consideration with where she placed her feet. She knew what would happen if she was caught.

Slowly, she made her way towards where she knew she would be safe hiding. She was so close...

A pair of strong arms wrapping around her and the clicking of expensive shoes on a hardwood floor made her groan from frustration.

"Really, that's just cheating. I didn't even know Sebby was back from his job," Jen Moriarty said. Her father laughed at the way she attempted to look intimidating while being held by the sniper.

"You have to learn to expect the unexpected," Jim Moriarty drawled to her. She stuck her tongue out and looked up at Sebastian Moran.

"Hey Sebby. You can put me down now." He looked over at his boss who shook his head once with a very serious expression, too serious considering it was just a game of hide-and-seek. But then, him and his thirteen year old daughter took a lot very seriously when it came to competition.

"Sorry, Jen. Boss says no," Sebastian said with a small smile. She threw her hands up in the air.

"You always listen to what he says. Maybe you could listen to me for once and possibly put me down, Sebby. Pleeeeeeeease," she said, making her best pouty face. Seb just laughed and shook his head.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"He pays me. You don't."

"Yeah, well, you win, Dad. Can you tell Sebby to put me down now?" He walked closer to his daughter, a smile on his face.

"Sorry? What was that?"

"I said you win," she grumbled, hating admitting defeat, especially to her dad.

"Do I now?"

"Yeah, you do. Only 'cause you cheated and got your sniper to do it for you."

"Yes, well-"

"Yeah, yeah, we know. The great consulting criminal doesn't like getting his hands dirty. Can you tell Sebby to put me down now? Believe it or not, this isn't very comfortable." He nodded once to his sniper, who instantly put her down. She wrapped her arms around him, having missed him because he was always gone for so long whenever her father sent him on jobs. He hugged her back before she let go and turned around to face the gloating that was sure to come from her father.

"Go on," she said tiredly.

"What are you talking about," he asked with a smirk.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I really don't," he said in that stupid Irish accent that got on her nerves.

"Yes, you do." He shrugged.

"I'm just saying, I told you I could beat you."

"Yeah, yeah."

"And now you have to do the dishes for a whole week."

"Mhmm."

"And I'm going to go plan Sherlock's demise now. Toodles."

"Wait, who's Sherlock?" He turned back around to face her.

"You remember Sherlock, right? The tall one with the cheekbones." She remembered, but she could use this as an opportunity to get back at her father for cheating to get out of dish duty.

"Oooohhhhhh. The one you're obsessed with?" His pale cheeks turned red.

"I'm not obsessed," he mumbled. Her eyes widened as she realized why he was obsessed.

"Dad. You're in love with him, aren't you?" His cheeks got a deep shade of scarlet and he stared down at his shoes.

"No." She squealed.

"Yes, you are. You are definitely in love."

"I'm really not."

"You are. You remember him from way back. All the way back to Carl Powers, you remember him. You are certainly in love." He shook his head at her.

"I'm not."

"You are." Her face fell.

"Dad, you can't kill him! If you play games with him, he'll hate you! No, no, no, no. You're terrible at this whole romance thing."

"It's not romance. I'm bored." She rolled her eyes.

"Dad, at least let me help you plan this one."

"Absolutely not. This is between me and Sherlock."

"Uh-huh. You can go play with Sherlock, then, I have homework."

"No you don't. You're homeschooled."

"Yeah, and my idiotic teacher gave me an essay on the best way to dispose of a body. Like I said, I have homework to go do. Alone. In my room. All by myself." He didn't seem to get the hint that she didn't want to be alone, so she sighed dramatically for effect.

"You can come work in the office, but no getting in the way, and no threatening my secretaries. D'you know how hard it is to find replacements?"

"Alright! I'll be right back, I have to grab my laptop!" She was already running up the stairs. She loved working in her dad's office. He was always there when he had stuff to plan, and she came so she could actually see him. She ran back down the stairs and into the car, her dad watching her with a small smile on his face. He really did love her, especially when she got this excited.