Chapter 29

"What's the best and most cruel way to hurt an Alpha?"

"Make the Alpha feel helpless and worthless, much lesser than an Omega, a disgrace for a lupi."

"How can I make Jordan feel that?" Belle wonders, tapping her index finger on her chin.

"By attacking his family and pack in the most merciless ways with him watching. Only watching."

Trey is sure. This is what destroyed him. It would destroy anyone.

"Hm."

At least my slave is useful. She thinks to herself.

A bitter, wrathful and evil smile makes its way on Belle's lips as ideas for her revenge play in her mind.

~

Dashia hasn't contacted Jordan for the whole day. He's beginning to worry.

Having a witch on his side is convenient. If it weren't for the spells to nullify every signs of life in the area where they hid Belle, the twins, being purus albas, would have surely located her without much difficulty.

When they, together with Brent and Carter, visited his pack, he had small reservations that they might get caught. Alphas, let alone purus albas, easily sense lies and pretentions.

It's good he had harsh trainings from his avaricious father when he was a child. It's good his mate died right after he felt her – the first time he saw her, that angelically gorgeous little human girl, she was already lifeless. It's good his heart has already turned into stone. It's all good, he gave nothing away.

For now, everything is going according to plan and in their favor.

And for now, he needs sleep.

The smell and sound of something burning alerts Jordan and he wakes up, ready for any threat.

On the floor of his office, a magus' circle is appearing which is followed by the body of Dashia emerging.

Once he sees that it's only Dashia, he slumps back on the bed.

"Now you finally decide to contact me, huh?" He rubs his eyes which are still drowsy from the nap.

He notices that she looks battered and her mouth has holes around it.

He's about to ask her about it when Dashia quickly chants a spell.

"What the?" He can see that her tongue has been stitched in the middle.

Jordan feels a light electric current running throughout his body.

What the fuck was that? His mouth won't open.

What's the meaning of this?! His body won't move.

With another set of enchantments, another light electric current runs throughout his body which leaves him out in the cold.

As he opens his eyes, hell greets him.

Lupis – some in human form, some in muto – surround him. He's surrounded by his pack – men and women, old and young.

The whole open field is occupied by bodies – alive... and dead. The green grass looks red – painted with the blood of his pack members.

Dashia is beside him, with blood running down her eyes, nose, and ears, and her whole body is covered in aboriginal black markings. Her continuous use of black witchcraft is taking its toll on her body. It won't be long until her soul becomes consumed.