18.) Teenage Crisis

"So…”

“So…”

“I guess we keep digging ourselves a deeper hole, huh?” Jackson asked beside me.

I nodded. “Yeah, we really do.” We were both laying in my bed with only the comforter covering our naked bodies while everybody else was still outside enjoying this beautiful beach day.

“So what do you want to do?” He asked awkwardly.

I shrugged. “Give up.”

“Give up?” He asked.

I nodded. “Yep. I’m going to tell Holly, I mean, there’s no way that I can keep this from her now.”

“Well, you could try to look at the bright side of things.” Jackson suggested as we both stared at the ceiling and not at each other. I didn’t want to look at him. Of course, I wasn’t angry at Jackson- just ashamed, I suppose.

“What bright side?” I snorted.

“You’re probably not sore this time, we went a lot slower than last time.” He chirped.

I blushed softly before I realized what he’d said. I looked at him with a slight glare. “I thought you said you didn’t remember last time?”

When he realized his mistake, he bit his bottom lip (which looked really amazing, by the way). “I don’t.”

“You do!” I gasped. “Why’d you lie?”

He sighed, realizing that I’d found him out. “Because last time… I don’t think you want to know what happened.” He said slowly as if trying to say his words carefully.

“What do you mean?” I asked with a frown of confusion.

He chuckled softly. “Okay, well remember the part where you asked if I was going to be rough?” He asked. I looked away, knowing that he was most definitely smirking and that would only cause me to blush more.

“Um, yeah.” I croaked.

“Well,-“

“Oh my gosh, I don’t want to know.” I said quickly, realizing that I probably really didn’t want to know the part of that night that I forgot, especially if Jackson had to recap me on it.

“Good choice.” He muttered softly, sitting up in the bed. “We should probably get back out there.”

I subtly eyes his back muscles as he sat up. “You go. In like, ten minutes I’ll come out.” I told him.

Jackson turned to me and gave me a funny look. “Why?”

“They’ll suspect something if we go out there at the same time.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I thought you said you were going to tell her.” Jackson said, grabbing his trunks from the floor and slipping them on before standing up from the bed.

“I am.” I sighed. “Tonight.”

“Okay.” He chuckled, heading for the door, but before he opened it, he stopped and turned to look at me with a small frown on his face.

“What is it?” I asked softly.

“Do you remember what I said after that, that night?”

I nodded. “Yeah, you called me awkward.”

“After that.” Jackson said, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

“Oh, yeah, well you said that you love me but I should shut up because we’d never get the chance again, which was obviously incorrect.” I mumbled, motioning towards my sheet clad body as I sat up in the bed. “Why? What’s the big deal?”