Chapter 17: Changing Path?

Chapter 17
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Changing Path?

Kevin, Collins, John, Noah, Gloss, Nero and I are in secluded area. My eyes always dart to left and right, to see if someone is watching us or eavesdropping. I feel like I'm paranoid. I don't know how to ask my friends about this. So I brought Nero together with me. Because I know he's in a deep situation like me. Although Nero has no idea, he'd go ballistic I'm pretty sure, that his little secret will be exposed.
All of them are looking confused, their brows furrowed as they wait for me to speak up. I just dragged them here, with no further explanations.

I'm confused about all of what's happening. Eros is making me feel like... I don't know. It's so overwhelming I could just die from it.

"You do know we have a class, right?" John says. Always the nerdy one. He doesn't want to get late. He always buries himself in books. He's known as the school's hottest nerd. And most of the girls are envy of Ashton. "Now speak up before I punch you for making me late in class. Your question or story better be worth it."

I can trust them, right? After all, they are my friends. We are brothers. I want to know how they dealt with exploring their sexuality, their feelings towards guys. They are the people that belong in Guys-Turned-Gays group. I gulp, nervousness run down in my body as I look at their faces. I let out a shaky breath, wanting to end this as soon as possible.

"How did you deal with it, mates?" I ask them, biting my lower lip, not looking at them.

"How did we deal with what?" Nero asks.

"Idiot, the question is not for you. It's for them." I gesture towards the other guys, and John, being the nerdiest one, gets my point whilst the others look at me, wanting to elaborate more.

John looks at me straight in the eye, studying me as he puts his hand underneath his chin, scratching it.
"What do you mean by 'it', Mike?" Kevin and Noah say at the same time.

I want to speak, to say the words, the questions that have been bugging me, but it seems like the words are stuck in my throat, and I feel sick all of a sudden. Massive headache. John takes a deep sigh and clasps his hands.

"I think I know his point, guys," John states as he looks at the guys. All guys look at him, wanting to explain it more. John rolls his eyes at them and I almost let out a chuckle. "Can't you see? He invited Noah, Gloss, Kevin, Collins, and I, and I really don't know what Nero has to do with this. I can't exactly put a finger on it why he's here, but Mike asked us how we dealt the things. Like... straight turning into gay... right, Mickey Hollister?"

All eyes go straight at me, and I gulp and nod shyly, blood rushing into my cheeks, making it burn.

"I just wanted to know," I say meekly, almost squirming. "I mean... Ah, fuck."

"I've never really given a thought about other guys," Noah states, shrugging. "My eyes are only for Gloss. Now that I've opened it up, I can't imagine any other guy taking Gloss' place."

"Um, I'm not really sappy. Because I'm always horny. For Kev." Collins says, which makes Kevin blush and he punches Collins playfully. "But, as cheesy as it sounds, and kind of gross, my heart only beats for Kevin."

"You know, the best advice I can give you is..." John says, grabbing my shoulders. He looks at Noah, and together, they say, "Go get your man." John continues. "Noah said that to me when we were partying at your party on the beach. That's when I confessed to Ashton. And to Noah, it also has been his way to get Gloss. That quote, benefits us all. And who knew Noah could give such full of wisdom advice. But still, I don't know why Nero is here." I'm glad I have great best friends.

"Yeah, why is Nero here?" Kevin asks, frowning at Nero. We all look at him.

"Mind telling us, Nero why you're here?" I tease.