Chapter 2.|

☆

..:*°..:*°..:*°
Shokugeki no Soma FanFiction|
The Zero Seat : Book 1 | For Her

|Chapter 02.|

Rain. Rain continued to fall from the heavens above as if gifting me some sort of comfort. However, I felt nothing from the comfort. Absolutely no emotion seeped through my body.

Probably because I was already dead inside.

The day my parents died I experienced great pain, unimaginable pain. Pain that was far too much for me to handle. The very next day I woke up and I felt nothing it was as if I was just an empty shell. It seemed that the painful emotions had disappeared.

It was as almost if my mind had sealed away any emotions that held the possibility of damaging me any further than I already was. Caging myself from the inside, turning off what made me human.

"Kaoru-sama. It's time to head inside." I didn't have to look up to know who it was. I knew it was him.

With the umbrella cast over me we walked inside entering the building. We walked and walked until we entered a room with everyone who attended my parents' funeral. They were all sitting on either side on the long table that was centered in the middle of the room.

At the head of the table I sat. It didn't matter who took care of me. Everyone who attended was  supposed to be family yet in my eyes everyone here was a stranger. 

Not once have I seen them in my life and now they have decided to introduce themselves to me. They chattered amongst themselves, gossiping about me. They were no better than hungry hyenas stalking prey. 

It might have appeared to them that I was paying no mind to them but that's a lie. I was listening to every word that came out of their mouths.

From what I gathered none of them wanted me. Me, who is broken and useless. They also talked about something else, something they knew and I didn't.

None of them, dared to approach me. Not even him, the man who I had thought would help me. Instead, he was a coward. A coward who hid in the shadows avoiding to be seen.

As my attention was drawn to him I didn't notice the couple who had approached me. The room became silent everyone eyed the couple, curious as to why they would want something so useless. My eyes meet a pair of familiar silver eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't know who I am?" He wore a smile as if to show he was no threat to me.

I shook my head. "My name is Dream, Fujimori Dream. I'm your father's older brother making me your uncle. This is my wife, Mary."

An older women with green eyes introduced herself. "Would you like to come live with us?" She asked with hopeful eyes as she held out her hand to me.

I had absolutely nothing to lose. No one else wanted me they were my only option. I placed my hand on hers.

"Okay." At the time my cold hands touched her warm ones it felt like somehow everything was going to be alright.

——-

I spent two years with them before later returning to Japan. Those two years are something I won't remember.. Though, not because I don't want to remember it.

It's just those two years of my life are clouded over by a very thick fog. A thick fog, that shows no signs of clearing.

After I came back, I stayed at the home I grew up in.  Even if, I don't remember what happened to me. I know something is severely wrong with me.

Day after day, night after night they were all the same. I felt like I didn't move, didn't breathe and didn't live as the world kept moving.

I was still like a doll.

One day, something happened.  This was the day where I was offered the position of Tōsuki's  Zero Seat.

"Come in." I answered.

I saw that look on her face once again as she entered my room. The look of sadness and pain.

Then again, the look only lasted for mere seconds before she replaced it with a radiant smile. "Ojou-sama, the director of Tōtsuki Culinary Academy has requested to see you."

The numbness I had felt in my body was fading and was quickly replaced with pain at the mention of him "Refuse. I will not meet with him." My words cold as ice.

"The meeting is scheduled for tomorrow." She persisted."It will be a good chance to get out of the house."

"I told you I don't want to meet him! What part did you not understand?!" I grabbed a tea cup that was within reach and threw it only missing her by a few inches. I gazed at her as she hurried to clean the shards of broken glass. "My apologies." These burst of anger happened time after time.

"Not at all, it is I who should be apologizing. I was completely out of line." 

"I'm sorry, Kaoru." There was a sting as she spoke of my name which she rarely used.

It was only on rare occasions where she would mention my name. "Inform the director that I will accept his invitation." Hiromi's face was lit up by a joyful smile. "Thank you." She whispers, softly.

I wasn't doing this for her. I need to settle some unfinished business with him. Cut loose ends once in for all. Or so I had planned. 

————

I held my head high as I enter the main building of the school. As I glanced around getting a better look at the place. My eyes had strayed, losing focus of what was ahead. Causing me to collide with someone.

"My apologies-" Once our eyes met I couldn't find my voice. She looked the same as back then, vibrant violet eyes and honey blonde hair- Nakiri Erina.

I could tell she had a lot of questions for me. But I wasn't ready to share those answers just yet. I balled my fist and walk past her not bothering to turn back.

'I knew coming here was a mistake.' The very thought ran through my mind as I walked to the director's office.

Once I arrived to the office, I knocked. "Come in." His voice boomed from the inside.

As I entered, I caught sight of that expression once again. The expression of pain and sadness. Of course, that faded once our eyes met.

His lips formed a straight line before he spoke. "You look different, you've changed since the last time we saw each other." His eyes motioned me to the chairs in front of him.

"I'm not the person I use to be anymore." I responded as I sat in front of him. "You were so happy and cheerful every time I saw you." He continued to mention the past.

Before he could talk more about the past I stopped him. "I can't be the person you want me to be anymore. Just like you said I have changed I'm no longer the person you saw last."

"If this is all you have to talk about then I'll take my leave. Coming here was just a waste of time."

"Wait." I glanced at him as he grabbed hold of my wrist. "I won't go anywhere so release me." I told him as I eased myself back to the chair.

"I have an offer for you." He ushered a folder in my direction.

"Become Tōsuki Zero Seat."

———-

Chapter 2 has now ended.
Would you like to continue?