Chapter 19

Peter Pan's POV

The sky was dark and everything was going smoothly....I thought.  The boys were dancing around the fire as I sat playing my pipes.  Amanda and Wendy were both sitting on the same log right across from me.  They looked like they're getting along, which was good.  Hopefully then Wendy will get the message that Amanda and I are together.  But I still couldn't get the same question out of my head, Did I love Amanda?  I can't love her, I just can't.  Yeah, I like her......a lot, but I refuse to love.  Love just destroys everything.  Love will destroy my plans.

That's when I feel a presence right next to me.  I look to the side to see Felix sitting next to me.

"Yes Felix?" I ask a little bit annoyed.  I didn't want to talk to Felix at the moment.  He's just gonna ask me all these annoying questions.

"What are you gonna do about Amanda?"  Ugh, he always asked questions about Amanda.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Pan! You know once all the magic is consumed out of her, she will die!  So why are you even bothering having a relationship with her?"

"Felix calm down.  Yeah I like her, but the power she has is my number one priority."

"But once she dies, won't you be crushed?  Aren't you going to feel bad?"

"No Felix.  Like I said, I just want her power."

"I still don't get why your in a relationship with her when you know its not gonna last." He shook his head.

"Can't a boy have a little bit a fun?"

"Whatever you say Pan." He said before getting up from the log, leaving me alone. Finally.

I knew I was acting like a douche, but there's nothing to do about it.  Amanda will die once all the magic is consumed out of her, and I can't do anything about it, which is why I refuse to love.  If I do love her, I will be crushed once she dies.  I don't want to crushed or heartbroken.  I don't want to experience such a horrible feeling.

Amanda's POV

Wendy and I were talking for about 10 minutes, and she acted so friendly and sweet.  I was still confused on why Peter caged her up like that, but then again it's Peter Pan.  Peter said that Wendy was a threat, but I didn't think so.  Yeah, they had a past together, but that doesn't mean she's a threat.  But Peter did tell me that Wendy wants to be with him again...

"Hey Wendy, I'm not asking this in a mean way, but why are you here?"  I couldn't help myself asking her.  I wanted to hear her side of the story.

"Oh I'm here because home just doesn't feel like home anymore.  I can feel my family tearing apart.  So I came here because I just think it's the best for me."  Huh, sounds reasonable to me.

"Oh well sorry to hear that."

"It's alright, but why are you here? ..if you don't mind me asking."

"Apparently Peter brought me here to protect me.  I didn't choose to come here, but I'm here." I smiled.

"Have you ever tried leaving?"  That was a weird question.  Was she like...asking me to leave??  I was so overthinking this.  What can I say..I overthink things a lot.

"Um..no.  Basically no one can leave without Peter's consent so yeah." I told her stiffly.

"Oh, right." She paused.  "Don't you miss home sometimes?" She asked.

"Well sometimes....but if I ever went back there, everyone would treat me like crap.  I think Neverland is the only home I have right now."

"Do you plan on living here forever?  With Peter?"  That question hit me hard.  I actually didn't know if I want to stay on Neverland forever.  It really depended on what happens later on.

"Oh...uh..I don't know."

"Do you think you and Peter will last long?"  Well that's the second time I've been asked that question.  First Adam, and now Wendy.

"Yeah I think so."

"Do you love him?"  I thought about the question a little and said, "Yeah.  I love him."

"Does he love you back?"  That question got me thinking.  When I told him I loved him earlier, he didn't say he loved me back....he just kissed me.  That kiss was amazing, but didn't say anything back.  I didn't realize that until now.

"I don't know honestly."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because when I told him that I loved him, he didn't say it back."

"Oh I see."

After that, we had a moment of awkward silence.  All I could do was think about if Peter loved me or not. Maybe the kiss was his way of expressing his love??  Who knows.  Interrupting my thought, I felt someone tap my back.  I turned around to see Peter.  He smiled at me and I smiled back.  "Where do you wanna go tonight?  You know, for our late night activities."  He asked kneeling down.  Did he not realize that Wendy was right next to me?  She must feel uncomfortable right now.  "Oh, I don't know.  You can choose the location."

"Alright.  I have a special place in mind." He smirked and walked away.  I wondered what special place he was going to bring me.  Then I realized that Wendy was still sitting next to me.

"Sorry if that was awkward for you."

"Oh don't worry.  I'm fine."  She let out a little laugh.  Once again, I didn't think she was a threat.  It seemed like she had no feelings for Peter.  She seems harmless.  I don't think I would have to worry about her separating Peter and I. 

***Later that night***

Peter Pan's POV

Amanda's hand was in mine while I was leading her to the location where we would hang out tonight.  We go through tons and tons of plants.  It was like passing through a mini jungle.

"Are we close? All these plants keep hitting my face."

"Yeah yeah, we're almost there."

We passed through more plants and eventually made it to the special location.  In front of us, was one of the most breath taking views on the island.  We were on top of a cliff and where you could see a lot more from here than my thinking tree.  "Oh my god."  Amanda breathed in awe.  Her expression was just priceless.  It resembled a little kid's face when eating candy for the first time.  "Peter this is so beautiful.  Way better than that thinking tree of yours." She teased.  God she's adorable.

We sat near the edge of the cliff, looking at the view.  Amanda sat in front of me, laying on my chest.  Then she gets out of her position and lies her body on the ground.  I laid down next to her and looking up, there were the stars.  So many shimmering stars.  I moved my hand closer to hers, and our fingers interlocked. 

"The stars are amazing.  I've never seen stars shine like that." 

"They're shining for you." I held her hand tighter.  We laid in our position for a few more minutes, and then she sat back up.  "What is it?"  I asked.  "I'm kinda hungry...." She said, embarrassed.

"You're always hungry."  I laughed.

"I know.  I'm gonna go get some food from the treehouse."  She stood up quickly.

"You know I can get it."  I told her.

"No, I want to get the food on my own.  I don't need you to spoil me.  You've spoiled me enough tonight."  She kissed my cheek and walked off.  I can't believe I actually let her go.  I was little worried that something might happen to her.  But she has her powers to protect herself so I'm pretty sure she will be fine.

Suddenly, I heard the noise of ruffling leaves from behind.  Did Amanda decide to come back?  Maybe it's some animal making the noise?  Maybe the wind?  But it was none of them.  Coming out from all the plants, was Wendy.  Why was Wendy here?  Did she follow Amanda and I?  Before I could say anything, she spoke up.

"Nice location.  Reminds me of the good times."

"What are you talking about Wendy?"

"Oh don't you remember?  This is the cliff where we had our first kiss."