54 - game time

.

CARA'S POV

The fact that the emergency button only worked now, almost revived all of us.

Tess was lying down on Rose's lap as she stares at the ceiling.

We have been sitting here in silence, besides Michael humming some Halsey song.

Jenna looked like she wanted to hum with him so bad, but she simply held back.

We usually just shifted in our spots, but the girls and I remained against the opposite wall from them.

"Hello, what seems to be the emergency?" A voice spoke in the small speaker next to the emergency button as Rose sighed in relief.

"Your sucky elevator system got us stuck here and we have been in here for almost half an hour now. We'd appreciate it if you can get us out." Rose breathed out.

"Oh, I'm very sorry about that ma'am. We will call for help and see the probem right away, how many people are in the elevator with you?"

"Um..'' She counted us off. "Seven people, but we're all together as eight."

"Okay, thank you. Help should be on the way in approximately one hour."

"What?" We all shouted in unison, scaring me slightly.

"One hour? Can't you just call the fire department and be here in five minutes?"

"That is the police department. There is a different procedure to this. We still have to take time and find out what floor you're stuck on."

"Okay, it's fine." I decide to end it there before Rose curses the lady out.

"Alright. We will ring into the emergency system as soon as we have an update. Just stay in place, we will get you to safety soon."

She hangs up and I let out a sigh.

We all just continue to sit in silence before Michael decides to sing.

"Her name is Noelle, I have a dream about her," He sways side to side.

Luke glanced at him and I almost sent him a glare that said don't you dare sing with him.

But of course he did anyway. "She rings my bell, I got gym class in half an hour,"

Calum and Ashton glance at each other before the four sing all together.

What the hell is this?

"Oh how she rocks, in keds and tube socks.."

Tess sighed, and so did we all as we glanced at each other before singing along with them.

Practically all eight of us were singing Teenage Dirtbag at the top of our lungs. Well, this couldn't possibly get any weirder, could it?

The singing died down, Michael still singing loudly at the top of his lungs, until Calum punched him in the goods.

"Ow!" He yelled, jerking slightly.

They laugh as I decided to pull out my phone to avoid any other conversations, especially with Luke.

I didn't know how to break it to them that I liked my best friend, and hopefully I didn't have to.

"Let's play a game." Ashton suggested, and we all look at him with the greatest what the fuck expression on my face.

"No thanks." Rose nods.

"Oh come on, Rosie. You love games." He smiled, and I could see the red headed girl's cheeks heat slightly as she furrowed her eyebrows, looking away.