You're Mine

• Dedicated to Kyeire

{DISCLAIMER: this story was written 6 year ago! Contains horrible spelling and grammar - lacks answers to many questions (was one of my first stories)}

Chapter 1: You're Mine!

I looked in the mirror and saw a girl that looked sad and was afraid to show it.

It's because I was leaving my dad's house to go live with my mother. Why? Because of the witch my dad married. She's hated me ever since my dad blew off one of their dates to go to my championship basketball game. Some people think I over-exaggerate the situation, but I definitely do not. She has personally come up to me and stated, "I hate your little guts and the moment I can marry your rich father, you, my friend, will be on the next flight back to your mother." I didn’t even think they’d get married, much less that he’d send me to my mom’s, but the second they got back from their honeymoon he called me into his office.

Basically, he told me that my mom missed me and he thought it was best for me to spend the rest of the school year and summer break with her. I was going to argue when I thought, “Why stay here if he’s always going to want her first?” That thought made me give in, and after I told him I agreed, I walked back to my room, ignoring the witch's "I told you so" as I passed by.

"Honey, are you ready?" I quickly turned my head to the doorway and saw my mom. She was holding a box, and looked like exhausted. I was after packing and loading the car all day.

"Yeah, I’ll be down in a minute,” I replied. “I just have one more box."   She nodded and walked away. I then decided it was time to rid myself of this house and the
memories it held once and for all. I picked up the cardboard box and turned off the light, making sure I closed the door behind me. I walked down the stairs, watching every step I took, trying not to fall. Being the klutz that I am, there was a high chance of me falling and getting hurt.

"I am going to miss you so much!" yelled my best friend Karen, as she came towards me. She tried hugging me, but the box in front of me was stopping her. We laughed, and then I saw a tear roll down her cheek. I put down the box and gave her a hug.

"I’m going to miss you too, Karen."   She cried and cried, I patted her on the head. "Don't cry. We will keep in touch everyday."  Her watery eyes looked up at me.

"R-really?" She stuttered.

"Yes, really," I confirmed. She gave me a final hug before grabbing my forgotten box from the ground.    "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I’m being a good friend and helping you move," she answered in a ‘duh’ tone.   This made me laugh. All day, she refused to help me pack because she was too lazy, and suddenly she wanted to help, probably because it was the last box. I watched as she started to walk to the car, but then suddenly turned and started to run towards her house. I started to run after her, feeling stupid for not seeing this coming.
"What are you doing, Vanessa!?" my mom yelled behind me.

"Getting my box back from Karen!" I yelled back.    I caught up with her easily because Karen wasn’t a good runner. I, on the other hand, felt like I was flying because I ran so fast. Running always came naturally to me – even though I was a klutz. When Karen saw I was next to her she stopped and started to pant.   "While I’m gone, do me a favor: work out and learn how to run." I joked with her. "Now, explain to me what you plan on doing with my box."

"I was thinking if I could reach my house and lock the doors then maybe you would have to stay a while longer until you got your box back," she said.    I started to laugh."You are one crazy girl, you know that?" I grabbed the box from her and smiled. "But I’m going to miss that."

"I’ll miss you too. Please keep in touch."

"Of course."   We said our final goodbyes and I went back over to my mom who was standing by her car, texting.   "Oh my gosh, you’re texting? Someone call the old people police."   She looked up and smiled. "Whatever." She said in a preppy voice, which made me laugh. "So is that it?" She questioned as I put the last box in the car.

"Yeah."
"So where’s your dad and that witch of his?" That's one of the many things I loved about my mom - she called his new wife a witch, too. I liked the way I could act when I was with my mom: I didn't have to watch what I said and she let me get away with a lot of things, unlike my dad.

"They went out for breakfast, shopping, and then lunch," I answered, rolling my eyes.   My mom's expression turned sour. "I can't believe him. You're leaving and he doesn't even seem to care! I mean you would think that he would at least stay here and say good bye."

"The 'wife' wanted to be gone before you came. I don't think she likes you very much."

"She’s never met me," my mom said as she got in the car.   I walked around to the passenger’s side and got in. "That's never stopped her from judging."   Mom rolled her eyes, started the car, and we pulled out of the driveway. I looked back a final time and thought to myself, “Good bye, and good riddance.” ****

Seven hours, two fast food stops, and four rest room breaks later, we finally pulled up to my mom's house. I got out, and of course tripped on a rock the second my foot hit the ground. I slowly got up and looked around. This was definitely not my mom’s house.  
"Like it?" asked my mom, looking at the yellow house that was in front of us.

"Yeah, whose house is it?" I asked.

"It's ours. Well it’s actually my boss's house. I’m living here until I can gain enough money to buy a house for both of us."

I was still stuck on one word she said. "Boss?" I asked.

She grinned. "Yes, I now have a job."

We walked into the house and I was amazed. It was small, but homey and cute. I loved it instantly. My mom led me to a room that was down a short hall. When she opened the door, I was shocked. It had dark red walls, hardwood floors and a black-framed queen size bed. In other words, it was my dream room.

"What do you think? I spent all week getting it ready."

"I love it! Thanks, Mom!" I exclaimed, giving her a hug.

After 3 hours of unloading the car, I was exhausted; I could not take it anymore. I went to my room and put the last box on a desk that was in the corner of my room.

"I think I’m going to head to bed. You should, too, because tomorrow you start school and you don't want to be late on your first day." My mom said while standing in my doorway.

"Can't I just skip the rest of the school year?" I asked.    My mom huffed and gave me a “yeah-right” look. "Good night Van." Then she walked out of my room.   My mom really has changed. Five years ago if I asked not to go to school, she would’ve been okay with that, but now she’s different.

I was up before the sun was, all thanks to my loving mother. I had never ever gotten up this early, and I hated it, to be honest. Making my way to my bathroom, I took a long shower and then got dressed. After much thought, I put on a dark blue jersey shirt and some dark skinny jeans paired with some bright blue Converse. I think I looked pretty good, but something was missing: my light blue beanie hat, which took me 30 minutes to find.

"Come on Van, we're going to be late!" My mom yelled from another room over. I grabbed my backpack and ran out my room. I saw my mom leaving her room; she was dressed very professionally in a black pencil skirt and a green top that hugged her curves.   "You look nice," my mom told me.

"So do you." I replied.   She gave me a smile before grabbing her keys and purse. "All set?"

"Yep." With that we walked out and got in the car.

After a minute or so she turned to me, "What's in that backpack?"

"It's just paper and pens; you know things I will need for my first day."   She just nodded in response.
We pulled up to the school, and I couldn't believe how big it was. I remembered it to be much smaller from when I would pass by here as a kid. Clearly, I was mistaken.
When parked, I got out of the car, and so did my mom.

"They rebuilt this place last year, all thanks to my boss. He donated the money to destroy the old building and build a new one," My mom told me, striding over to me next to me and leading me to the school. Once in, I couldn't get over how wide halls and all the shiny lockers and looked brand spanking new. I knew I was going to like it here.

When we got to the main office, there were two ladies at their desk, and looked to be hard at work. My mom cleared her throat and one of the ladies looked up at us.

"Yes, how may I help you?" she asked in a sweet voice.

"I am here to speak with Mr. Moss. He said he was going to help me get my daughter enrolled today."

"He will be in shortly. Please take a seat right there." My mom and I walked to where the lady pointed and sat down.
"I think you're going to like it here. Did you know your father and I both went here? We were high school sweethearts…” My mom trailed off.   "Anyways...Oh, my boss's three children also go here. One of them is named Elasha. She is adopted into the family, but he has two sons that are his. One of the boys’ name is, Parker and the other is-"

"Are you Mrs. McWright?" I looked up at a short chubby man.

"Yes,” my mom answered.

"Hello, I’m Mr. Moss."

My mom and I got up. "It's very nice to finally meet you," my mom greeted, shaking his hand.
"Yes, well since you called me ahead of time, I was able to pull all her information together, and she can start today,” Mr. Moss smiled at me.

"That's great!" My mom exclaimed excitedly.
"I have asked someone to help you to your homeroom, she should be her
shortly...Oh, yes here she is."   I looked to the door way and saw an African-American girl with dark eyes come in. She had a smile on her face, which for some reason, made me smile as well.

"Vanessa, that's Elasha, my boss's adopted daughter,” my mom whispered to me. I simply nodded.

"Here is your schedule and if you have any question feel free to come to my
office. It is directly across from this office." Stated Mr. Moss, I thanked him and walked over to Elasha.

"Hi, I’m Elasha Pollard." She said in a preppy way. I become worried that she might be a popular girl, whom I cannot stand for some…personal reasons.
"I’m Vanessa McWright."

"I know you! Your mom works for my dad." She said.

"Yeah." All of a sudden the bell rang, and I jumped.    Elasha laughed at me. "That was the homeroom bell.  It signals we have 5 minutes to get to
homeroom." I nodded and followed her out of the main office. The hall was packed with students. It seemed that there were many more than there were at my old school.

Suddenly, someone whispered in my ear, "You’re mine." I looked behind me to see who had said that, but all the people walking and shoving by made it impossible to find out who it was.

"Come on, we're almost there." Elasha’s voice brought me back to where I was. She grabbed me by the arm and shoved us past people. We finally made it to a very neat and clean classroom. Elasha let go of my hand and went in. When I walked in, the teacher looked up at me.

"New student?" He asked. I nodded. "Take a seat anywhere."    I looked at the rows of students and saw Elasha with an empty seat next to her. I walked
over and took it. She turned and looked at me.

"So where’s your first class?" She asked.    I looked down at the schedule in my hands. "Um, English 3 with Mrs. Dape." 

"Oh, I had a class with her my freshman year. She’s pretty cool."

"You took English 3 your freshman year?" I asked in a shocked voice.

"No, silly, she teaches different levels of English."

"Oh." My eyes then scanned the class room. I saw a pair of brown eyes staring at me. The moment he saw me look back at him, the guy walked over to our desks.
Once he was in front of my desk, Elasha spoke up. "Go away E.J," She said without even looking up.
"I just wanted to meet newbie here." He looked down at me.

"She doesn't want to be bothered by you." Elasha rolled her eyes at him.   E.J then sat down on top of my desk. "Oh, I think she wants me,” he said confidently. "Isn't that right, baby?"   My eyes met his and, I must admit, this guy was hot! But his big ego was definitely a big turn-off.

"I need you, I want you..."I trailed off. E.J turned to Elasha and was about to say I told you so, when I cut him off. ”I need you – I want you, to get the hell off my desk!" I half yelled.   E.J went wide-eyed. I smiled when I heard a few people laughing, including Elasha.

"E.J get off that girl’s desk and go sit in your own seat,” the teacher scolded. E.J. glared at me before going back to his seat.

I made it to my first and second period with the help of Elasha. She met me by the door of each of my classrooms when the bell rang. As I reached third period, I really yearned to go home. I sat down and looked over my schedule. Three more classes to go, not including lunch. I growled.

"Am Raven," I tilted my head up and saw this girl with long blond hair and one of the shortest skirts I have ever seen.

"Hi." I replied uninterestedly. I had a feeling she was popular...

"I’m here to warn you." She paused and I gave her a questioning look. "You have smart-talked E.J., and that's forbidden here,” she continued.

"So?"

"So," she emphasized. "That means he will seek his revenge on you." She turned to walk away, but before she got too far, she turned and looked at me. "Be warned that he likes to do his revenge in public. Last time someone went against him, E.J got the whole cafeteria to pour coke all over the poor guy. I wonder what he’ll do to you, newbie." With that she walked away.

If he tried to get his revenge on me, he will soon learn his lesson...

Don't mess with Vanessa McWright, or things will go downhill. Fast. *************************************************************************************

*What do you think E.J will do, and I wonder how Vanessa will react...Only
the next chapter will tell...?*

 Special thank you to my editor: 

xoSaniya

And all the others that have helped me with this story!