Chapter 29

*Janice Pov*

"I think that's all for today. Don't forget to revise once again at home." I said, closing the book and they all nodded before getting up to leave.

"Janice! Are you ready? All our colleagues must already leave for the conference hall." Maam said walking outside the class beside mine.

"Let's go Maam and don't panic. There is so much time." I said smiling.

"You need not to call me Maam, Janice. We are colleagues so call me by my name." She said like every day.

"I will try." I said, smiling and entered the hall in which only few people are present.

"What is the deal to have this meeting today?" Maam asked.

"We have to wait and see I guess." I replied and took our place at the corner.

After a few minutes the hall filled with the lectures and then, the Principal entered holding few files.

"Is he going to remove us from the job or what?" Maam asked again.

"I don't know, but I hope not." I replied.

"I am sure you all must be waiting to know what the matter is to call a meeting like this suddenly." He said, and we all nodded.

"We got new trustees and they are here to share the good news to you all." He added, and few of us sighed in relief.

Looks like many people thought that the jobs are going to be lost. We waited for a few more minutes, and then two people entered the hall that I never thought I would see again.

"He is Mr.Silva and his son David." Sir introduced them.

"Isn't he your husband?" Maam asked frowning.

"Ex-Husband!" I replied immediately.

Uncle and David looked around the hall normally, and their eyes went wide when they saw me making me want to hide my face right now.

Nonetheless, I didn't do anything right then why should I do that. They should be the ones who are supposed to hide their faces.

So I sat straight and looked back at them but inside, I really don't want to see them again like not at all.

After the meeting, everyone got up and started walking out, and I too followed them, but uncle stopped me asking about my well being.

"I am fine! I hope you all are also fine." I said with a smile and walked outside.

"Janice!" I heard David calling, and I sighed turning around calmly.

"Yes?" I asked him, folding my arms.

"What are you doing here?" he asked looking around.

"I have been working here for quite a long time which I have already told you David." I replied stopping myself from saying 'Are you serious?'.

"Oh! I didn't know." He said mumbling.

Did he not hear any word, I have ever said to him? I thought frowning and shook my head to move away.

"Can we talk, Janice? I really need to tell you something." He asked holding my wrist.

"No! And you can't hold a married woman's hand like this." I said removing his hand.

"Have a good day." I said and again turned to meet up with Maam.

"Please, Janice. What I need to say is really important." He said following me.

"Look I don't want to hear anything you have to tell me. And looks like your dad needs you." I said, seeing uncle looking around.

I walked away completely and entered the staff room to see few people already looking at me. How can he put on a show like that in front of all these people?

They must have got a doubt at first hearing his name, but now I am sure that they already know who the guy is.

"I will leave Maam. My husband must be waiting for me." I said in a little loud voice with a threat that they don't start some stupid gossip.

I walked outside and stood near the gate waiting for him, but then I heard my phone ringing.

I picked it up and asked, "Where are you?"

"Janice! I have to go to Pune urgently, and I got to know it one hour back. But I know you must be in a meeting to inform you, so I already left. It is really important, so I hope you don't mind." He said rambling.

"Adithya!" I said, stopping him.

"Be careful." I said when he stopped saying anything.

"You too and call me when you reach our home." He said, and I agreed hanging up.

I thought of telling him about this, but looks like I need to wait. I thought walking towards the bus stop.

Nevertheless, what is there to tell? It is only a coincidence, and I am sure David wants to say nothing but about how sorry he is feeling and all.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and got down from the bus, deciding not to get him worked over nothing.

I would have already shared it if he is here so now I have to drop it. I hope he will come home soon.

We had dinner, talking to them, but I missed him, so I kept on glancing at the empty seat beside me.

When I walked inside the room, I called him immediately and asked, "Did you have dinner?"

"I am going to. Did you?" he asked back.

"Yeah!" I replied and we just stayed like that, not saying a single word.

"Ok bye! My senior officer is calling me. Good night." He said, breaking our frozen talk.

"Good night." I mumbled, and we hung up after a few seconds.

I lay on the bed and turned off the lights before closing my eyes. I opened them within a few minutes as sleep was far away.

I tossed on the bed and groaned, feeling sleepy, but not able to sleep at all. I am completely used with him holding me and sleeping snuggling with him, I guess.

I sighed and lay my head on a pillow along with holding it. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep. Come home soon, Adithya.

-------------------------------------

i know small and late update but my brain is not working today like it is sleepy and had to put so much effort to even extract this... actually i knwo what to write by feeling tons of laziness..

so i dont know about anotehr update for today.. if there is then i will try :)

how is the chap guys??

Comment plz and vote...

dedicated to