Chapter 20 - Teams

The next day, I wake up to find both Andy and Filly sleeping soundly in their rooms, so I decide to make breakfast for them.

I head downstairs, looking at a clock on the wall of the staircase to see its ten in the morning, so I expect that they should wake up soon. Also, I know that Kian could be here soon, unless he sleeps in past his usual.

Grabbing a skillet from the cabinet, I prepare everything to start making the food. I grab pancake mix, then bacon and milk from the fridge, then start to mix the pancakes together. While some pancakes are cooking, I grab another skillet and start to cook the bacon.

"Maddie! You awake?" I hear a loud voice say from the direction of the living room. Then I hear the front door close loudly.

I leave the kitchen quickly, looking around and spotting Kian in front of the door.

"Shh! Could you be any louder?" I hiss, holding my finger up to my mouth in a hushing gesture.

He smiles at me and walks towards me, pulling me in for a hug.

"How are you this morning," I mumble happily into his shirt.

"Pretty goo-" Kian is cut off by a loud popping noise that comes from the kitchen.

I pull away from him before quickly realizing that I was previously cooking bacon.

Running back to the kitchen, Kian just stand there and laughs at me.

I get to the stove and quickly pull the skillet off the heat and then turn it down, placing the skillet back on the burner. Then I get back to my cooking, flipping the pancakes and the bacon slices.

"That smells so good," Kian hums, closing his eyes as he walks into the kitchen. Due to his mistake of closing his eyes, he runs straight into the island.

I giggle, biting my lip to hold back to my smile.

"I smell bacon!" I hear Andy say as I turn around towards the stove.

After flipping the pancakes and bacon again, I turn back to Andy, who has sleep in his eyes and his hair is ruffled and messy.

"Morning, Andy!" I smile at him. He smiles back and his eyes stray from me to the right of me where Kian stands.

"Is here all the time?" He grumbles.

I roll my eyes at his attitude towards Kian, getting quite annoyed.

Andy hasn't even been here for a full day yet and he's already hating on Kian, whiteout knowing him. It frustrates me that my best friend is being so rude.

I go back to cooking, putting the finished pancakes on the plate and pouring new ones.

"Will someone wake Filly up?" I ask while putting the crispy bacon on a paper towel that lays on a glass plate.

I hear footsteps leave the kitchen and I glance over my shoulder to see Andy gone.

"Does he hate me?" Kian asks curiously.

"It seems that way." I put down the spatula I'm using for the pancakes, turning around to look at Kian. "I'm sorry he's being so rude. He's not usually like this."

He shrugs before replying. "You want to know what I think?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, wondering what he could possibly suspect.

"I think he's into you." He nudges me with his suggestion.

I stare at him, utterly shocked that he would say something like that.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply in a monotone voice.

I think about his accusation, unwilling to believe it.

Andy always gives Kian dirty looks, he's rude to him, and sometimes he acts as if Kian isn't even there.

I had thought this was simply Andy having a crush on Kian but he didn't know how to hide it. There's no way he could like like me.

We've been best friends for so long. Andy has always been there for me through everything such as Ryder, drama, and basically everything else.

He was there for me during Ryder and I's first homecoming together, which wasn't too far into our relationship. He helped me get ready, and he helped me not be nervous.

He was there for me when me and Ryder had our first huge fight. I had thought we were going to break up and I was so upset. Filly and Andy came over and we hung out the whole night and when Ryder called me to apologize, I remember Andy getting defensive and angry.

Andy was there when this whore at school told everyone that I was pregnant with Ryder's baby, and he was the first one to speak directly to her. Lets just say his vocabulary when he spoke to her was not for G-rated movies.

He's been there for me through everything. Especially when I told him I was moving, and here he is a month later and were still as close as ever.

Or so I thought.

With this new thought in my head, I can't see Andy the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I posted.

And sorry it's not as long as I'd hoped for but I wanted to update sooner than later so I gave you this.

Yeah I'm sorry.

I know you're annoyed with my short crappy chapters

But something is better than nothing.

I feel like if I write short chapters I can write them more often so that's why.

Don't hate me

Love y'all!

And please vote!

Comment!

xox - Delilah