We Got Her

After Steve found the note, he quickly called all of the team (with Jarvis' help) and once the got everything they needed, they headed out to Jace's compound. In no time they had landed outside only to see almost everything covered in flames. Tony's eyes went wide and he cursed.

"Let's not waste anytime. J, is anyone still alive in there? Preferably with Clara's body temperature." Tony says through the suit as he blasts a hole threw wall, walking into the compound soon after. Captain Rogers turns to look at Clint, Natasha, and Bruce.

"Doctor Banner, I think it's best if you stay here. Just be ready when we get back." He orders and Bruce nods, walking back into the jet. Steve turns to look at the two agents. "You two follow me." They both nodded as they climb into the hole that Tony made. Clint and Nat looked around and immediately saw the large group of dead guards all together.

"Uh, Captain, you might want to take a look." Clint says, his bow in his hand. Steve looks over to the bodies and he swallows hard, turning away.

"We need to find her now." His says, his voice almost breaking. He walks ahead as Natasha turns her head. Clint sighs and the two agents walk forward, following the Captain. The three of them followed Tony as Jarvis tried to pinpoin the exact location of Clara.

"Those flames are moving fast. We got to hurry."
-

I'm numb all over and I am floating.

Is this death?

If it is, it's not very bad. This is it. This is what I wanted to escape to because of the real world. I have should've came faster. It's not bad at all. It's calming and relaxing, like how it is underwater except you don't have to come up for air.

I smile as that what it exactly becomes and I am suddenly underwater, my blonde hair floating all around me. I feel a tugging and I am suddenly pulled down. I look to see a hand around my ankle. My lungs start to burn and I try to swim upwards to what looks like the surface, but a bright light surrounds me before I can.

-

Tony is the first one to find her. He blasts through a few walls until he finally finds her. Somehow the flames don't touch her, which her brother is very thankful for, but he focuses more on the almost frozen puddle of blood.

"Sir, you must get her out soon. The suit will not protect you for long." Jarvis warns and Tony picks her up the metal arms of the suit. The suit, he knows that it was once white, is soaked in blood. Tony doesn't know if it's her's or someone elses. He does know that there's a huge gunshot wound in her shoulder. The playboy holds his younger sister close and quickly moves out of the buliding.

"Be okay, Clara. Be okay for me." He murmurs to himself, looking down to study her peaceful bruised and bloodied face through the eyes of the suit, before looking back up. "I found her."

-

The brightness disappears after awhile and when I open my eyes, I'm back in the hospital room I was in after Jace had taken me. I know what the memory is before it even starts because it has been replayed over and over in my mind. It is right after the female doctor that had been helping me told me about the miscarriage.

"This stays between me and you and the other doctors that know. You cannot ever tell anyone about this alright? Not about the rape or the-the-" The words flow out of my mouth and after I said them, I started to sob. The doctor looks at me with pity and steps closer to my hospital bed, her voice in a hushed tone when she starts to talk.

"Look, Miss Stark, that isn't the only thing I wanted to tell you. I also wanted to inform you that Mister Lee was not the only thing that killed the child." I look at her with tears running down my face. I can still feel them.

"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice already raw. I have alwqys dreaded this part as it played out in my head. She gives me the pity look again.

"Your...mutation...also caused the miscarriage as well. The fetus was found mostly frozen. It was way too cold for it to survive, no matter if it had the mutation in it as well, which we might add, it did not." She managed look at me with even more pity, "The mutation..we believe.. will not let a child survive." And as soon as she finishes her sentence, the brightness surrounds me once more.

-

Bruce stood outside the Quin Jet as Tony flew in, cradling Clara in his arms. Natasha and Clint ran infront of him, quickly climbing in their seats. They turned on the jet and got it going just as Stark and the Captain walked into the jet. Tony's faceplate slid up, revealing his very worried face.

"Set her down on the floor." Bruce says, pulling out some medical equipment. Tony did what the doctor said as gently as he could. The jet took off once the door shut. Steve watched on as Bruce searched for a pulse. Tony couldn't hear anything as Bruce grimaced. The brother of the bloody girl on the floor stumbled backward until his back hit the wall.

"She's still alive, but barely. We need to get back at SHIELD as fast as we can." Bruce told everyone. He pulled out a rag and put pressure on to the bullet wound. It was still bleeding heavily. Bruce looked up at Tony and saw how worried he was, "She'll be fine, Tony. She's tough, you know that. Clara's been through alot worse."

-

When I fade back in, I'm sitting in an uncomfortable hospital chair. I am completely still, scared to the bone as my fingernails dig into my palms. Seated to my left is Aunt Peggy, her legs crossed as the ankle as she smoothes out her work pants. Tony said he was going to be here soon, but he was no where to be seen. I needed him now more than ever.

Mom and Dad were in a terrible accident and I barely understood what was going on. Peggy put her hand ontop of mine, and I turned to look at her. Her warm eyes gave me some comfort as she gave me a small smile. Her graying brown hair framed her face and she kisses my hand.

"They'll be fine, Clara." She said in a soothing tone. I swallowed hard and nodded. I was way too young to go through this. She wrapped an arm around me and I leaned into her. It was late and she was the only one here with me. Obidiah was off on business and Tony still wasn't here. Peggy kissed the top of my head just as a doctor walked out. God I wished he'd never told me the bad news.

-

As soon as they landed at the SHIELD base they were told to go to, medical personnel immediately put Clara on a gunnery and rushed her to the med bay. Tony and Bruce followed them, running to catch up with them. Steve walked out of the Quin Jet, watching Clara disappear into the buliding. He sighed, gripping his shield as Natasha and Clint stood on either side of him. The two agents had grim, but hopeful looks on their faces.

"Clara will be fine, Captain. She's tough as nails." Clint says, giving him a sympathy smile. Steve just stares straight ahead and starts to walk. The agents follow him.

"It was stupid of her to think she could take all those guys down. Agent Stark should've waited. " The Captain grunted, taking off his cowl. He was pissed and you could now clearly see it on his features. Natasha's hands balled up into fists, but she kept her face clear of emotion.

"It was her mission, Steve and now she might feel a bit better now that she knows Jace is out of the world." The Russian tells him, her voice clear of emotion. Steve stops in his tracks and the two agents surrounded continue to walk to the medical bay. Steve keeps on seeing Clara's bloody body as agents walk past him, going to do their daily tasks, not noticing the red, white, and blue super soldier.

I'm sorry! This is bad!