Niklaus, meet your son

It's been three months since Lucifer was born. He's the size of a three year old. He can talk, but prefers to use his gift. He can also walk. Anna spoils him like no tomorrow.

Everytime I use his name, he whines and insists I use his nickname Luke. Elijah visits once every two weeks. He teaches Luke how to draw and how to gain confidence in speaking to others. Tonight, he's coming over to watch Luke while I do some long awaited laudry.

/^-^\

"Lucifer Henrik Mikaelson! You get over here this instant! I can't have you running around naked when your uncle gets here. Hey!"

I chased my son around the living room, trying to get him into his pyjamas before Elijah got here.

"If you do not stop running around, there's no more watching Doctor Who!"

I scooped him up when he pouted at me. I put him into his superman footie pyjamas, before placing him on the couch and turned it to Doctor Who.

"I see my job is already done for me."

"If you would've been here a couple of minutes ago, you could've helped put him in pyjamas." I chuckled.

I looked up to see Klaus, not Elijah. Any and all happy feelings I had disappeared.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, trying not to scare my son.

"I've come to apologize. My reaction to your news, was not the best."

"You think?" I said, crossing my arms.

"I only want to have the best intensions for our child-"

"Son."

"What?"

"You have a son. His name is Lucifer. But he likes to be called Luke."

I turned around to get Luke, only to see he had fallen asleep. I walked over, shut the tv off, and picked him up. I move to rest him against my shoulder, when Klaus spoke.

"Let me do it, love."

He carefully took Luke from my arms, holding him gently. I showed him Luke's room, and watched as he tucked him in. Though, I had to go to the living room to keep from bursting out. Once Klaus was in the same room, I let him have it without waking our son up.

"You think, you can just waltz back into our lives? You have another thing coming. If it weren't for Anna and your brother, I would raising him on my own.

I cried myself to sleep, Klaus! Every night, I would cry until I fell asleep. It's your fault!"

I hit his chest over, and over until I was gripping his shirt, with rushing down my cheeks. He held me like that for a while. Then he gripped my chin, and made me look at him.

"I will never leave you again. I promise to keep you and our son safe. Even it's the last thing I do."