Chapter 6

Last night, I picked Carlos. I decided that I really liked him and I didn't regret anything when I kissed him. I'm realizing this as I'm laying in bed with Carlos holding me tight like the other night and everything just felt right. It didn't matter that his mother was Cruella De Vil or that my mother was Rapunzel. We weren't our parents and we were both good people, no matter who denies us that we are.

Carlos was different than Jay, he didn't try to win my heart like Jay hopelessly failed at doing. Carlos just let things happen and that's how good relationships form. However, I am sixteen and I do realize, I know nothing about being in love but what I know is that Carlos makes me really happy. From his sweet smile, to the innocence that people usually overlook, I loved it all.

I decided to slip out of bed kissing Carlos's forehead before I walked over to my closet to get ready for the day ahead. I picked out an outfit for the day when I saw Dude was running around the room and I didn't realize he got locked in here for the night.

"There you go buddy, run free," I told him opening the door as he ran down the hallways. I already knew that'd Dude and Carlos would find each other later, I've never seen a cuter friendship than theirs. When I returned to picking out my outfit, I saw Delta dangling on the knob of my dresser. The one she was trying to get into was where I put Jay's necklace.

"Delta don't, you're going to fall," I whispered to her not wanting to wake Carlos or more importantly Audrey. She was not a more person, I'll tell you that much. "Am I going to have to put a lock on this? Don't touch my necklace," I told her picking her up and placing her on the ground. "What am I going to do with you?" I sighed as I got dressed and Carlos and Audrey were both sound asleep snoring up a storm.

There was about an hour until my first class so I decided to wake up Carlos. "Hey, wake up, you've got to get ready," I said in a sing song tone as he just rolled over and ignored me. "I heard their having double chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, you have to get there early," I told him as he shot straight out of bed.

"Well what are we waiting for? Come on, then," he said getting out of bed and I just laughed. The boy did love anything to do with sweets. No wonder he likes me, I'm as sweet as honey. Yeah right, man I crack myself up.

"Go get dressed and I'll meet you at your room in about ten minutes, alright?" I told him giving him a quick peck on the cheek before he went off to get dressed.

Before I left to go meet up with Carlos, I was tidying up my room and making my bed. Delta was dangling from the handle again and I had to get her before she fell. "Delta, no. No climbing on the drawers. Go play in your house," I told her placing her on the top floor of her playhouse. "I'll be back tonight, love you."

I walked out the door as miss sleeping beauty was waking up and I slammed the door behind me, giving her a little wake up call. I walked down to the boys' dorm, letting myself in. "Ready to go Carlos?" I asked sticking my head in through the door and just walking in to see Jay happy as ever for some reason.

"Where's Carlos at?" I asked not seeing him at all in the room.

"I told him they were almost out of pancakes and he dashed out here. He's probably stuffing his face right now," he laughed going over to his night stand and picking up a baggie. "Okay so I know I was kind of jerk the other night, I just really like you, that's all. Take an apology cookie? Mal made them last night and I decided to save one for you," Jay said showing me the bag and handing it to me.

"Wow, I didn't take Mal for much of a baker. Now I have to see how well she made them," I responded taking the cookie out of the bag and taking a bit out of it. Jay looked to me with a grin on his face and the cookie tasted delicious.