Chapter 6: Sooooooo Busted (damn)

Dean's POV:

Kristy, Sam, and I are sharing a room for a vengeful spirit case-as per usual. Kris decided to camp out with me tonight. I wake up, at about 3:30 AM when I feel Kristy moving beside me. She gets cold easily-especially since she's come back from Hell-and she's stretched out on her stomach, her left side pressed against mine.

She blinks over at me sleepily, her eyelids looking heavy. Even in the dark, her violet eyes seem to glow. She's always been the best at reading me, and at me questioning look she yawns. Her breath still smells like mint.

"Cas," she mumbles softly, like a kitten.

Ugh, I must be going soft, comparing my psycho sister to a kitten.

"Cas?" I grumble back.

It kind of sounds like our own language. Then I realize what she means. Cas. Castiel. As in the angel. I sit up and sure enough, Cas is standing at the foot of the bed. It's chilling that he could be here when my sister is sleeping. Neither of us knew he was here. Well...I didn't know he was here. Kristy though...Cas must have slipped up somewhere and woken her up.

"Dean, you have to stop it."

"Stop what?" I ask.

"Yeah, Dean," Kris mutters, "you have to stop snoring."

"Not snoring," Cas replies.

She smiles to herself at Cas's somewhat indignant tone.

"Then what am I stopping?" I ask angrily, fully awake now.

He woke Kris up, who woke me, when I was finally sleeping well. Now I have to go do something for him? I'm gonna clip his damn wings when I get my hands on him.

Instead of answering, Cas puts two fingers to my forehead.

Kristy's POV:

I groan. Cas disappeared my brother, and now, naturally, I have to get my ass out of bed and beat his fine feathery ass. Ugh, I'm cold now anyway. I jump up, acting like I'm fully awake. The affect is ruined, though, when I stumble.

Cas steadys me before stepping away. I frown.

"Where's Dean?"

"1973," Cas answers.

I stare at him like he just grew a second head. I'm surprised. First, Cas gave me a straight answer. Second, he just said 1973. What the hell?!

"Ugh, it is too early for this."

I look around for Sam because he brews the best motel coffee-and he's the only one that knows what I like from Starbucks. Sam's not here.

"Where's Sam?" I ask.

Cas gives me a steady look. I force myself not to feel guilty for accusing Cas of anything. I know nothing about him. So far, he's just a another changing variable that I've asked for help from.

"Cas? Where's Sam?" I repeat.

"That's why I sent Dean back to the 70's, Kristena."

I make a partial gesture that vaguely means 'whatever'. I sit back on the bed and yawn again. Damn, I'd actually been sleeping well too. I probably would have slept until noon had I not sensed Castiel's presence.

Ever since my little mind meld with the boys when I set the corpse on fire, Cas has revisited me several times to help me learn to use my powers. I'm getting more comfortable with them. Just a few days ago, I was finally able to lift something with my mind. Objects are harder to move and they take more of my energy. But my powers with others, they've gotten stronger.